600 Euros for driving with mobiles in Portugal

The Feedster

Premium Member
Reaction score
Using your mobile phone at the wheel in Europe could cost you more than you think if you're travelling about a bit.

A study by Jabra has shown you could be stung for up to euro;600 if you get caught with your mobile plastered to you ear, with Portugal (euro;600 / £475) and Italy (euro;584 / pound;462) among the highest chargers.

Greece: frightening

If you're feeling a bit risky, you can always try the offence in Greece, where it will cost you a mere euro;60 (pound;48) to get nicked, but they'll have your license for a month, which might destroy your fun if you're on a driving holiday.

It seems the place to go if you're into getting fined for using a mobile while driving, but haven't got much money, then Russia is your destination of choice.

For a mere €8.5 (£6.70) you can drive with your tunes playing and chatting to that delightful girl you met in Moscow the night before if the police catch up with you.

Have a look at the handy map if you're planning a mobile-happy holiday across the continent.

More...

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
IMHO it is not enough, whilst recovering from an operation I have been walking almost every day. I made the following observations 1 in every 10 drivers has a mobile phone up to their ears, I imagine that the figure actually using them on a daily basis is actually 1 in 5. I even saw a driver phone in right hand cigarette in left attempting to go round a 90 deg left hand bend with no hands using his knees. Whilst I am having a rant, the next thing to wind me up is the number of drivers who get away with using their mobile phones at the moment but cannot be seen to be using them because they have smoke grey windows, they should be banned in my opinion the windows and the drivers trying to conceal their identity.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, it's widely being abused and often by people in brand new vehicles which have bluetooth fitted as standard, but who can't be bothered to use it.

Unfortunately, the only traffic policing we have is speed cameras and they are not ideal for catching mobile phone use, bad driving and dangerous driving, but they do make lots of money.

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
Hello!
in Austria it is not very expensice maybe 30 €-50€!
but you only pay when the police man see you,if you see the police before,they see you and you put your mobile phone away,nothing will hapens:)