60CM universal dish

M

mikedlayer

Does anybody know a good place to purchase a 60cm Universal LNB dish? Also a decoder would be good.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
is it the dish you need, or the LNB, or both? And what kind of decoder? Do you mean a Sky digibox?
2old

MartinP

Reaction score
Website
www.satcure.co.uk
Any satellite dealer can supply you with a 60cm dish and universal LNB. Make sure you get the right type: wall-mount or pole-mount; perforated or solid. I'm not allowed to advertise my mail-order business so I won't write any more than that.

Martin
:rolleyes:

digdog

Reaction score
My Location
Doghouse
Or you could try an ad (free possibly?) in your local paper - if you are looking for an old sky analogue system (great for German etc channels on Astra) you would not pay much(£5-£10) for the lot. Alternatively you might try car boot sales etc - same sort of prices!
If you are after a second hand sky digital system that would cost about £60 for everything from the same sources and you could always arrange for an fta card if one does not come with it - the old expired card can be legitimately converted if you get this thrown in!:cool:

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
Solid dishes give better signal gain than mesh dishes. i have an 80 cm solid triax dish and i am in scotland and with that i can pick up pretty much everything on the arc except some far out sats like turksat 42e, in particular i can get good signal on astra 19east , astra 28 east (sky) and hotbird 13 east. Are you wanting a 60 cm for a particular reason? the price difference is minimul on satellite dishes. obviously if its digital you are wanting then you need a universal LMB (the bit that goes on the end of the dish)
If its only for sky which is at astra 28 east you want (mostly encrypted in videoguard and no public hack available with some free to air) then a smaller dish would be sufficient. If you are planning to watch pay per view channels then you will need a satellite receiver with a ci slot (common interface) which is the slot the viewing card inserts into incase you dont know. Some satellite receivers are only free to air and do not have common access slots . You will then require a cam which fits into the ci slot, these range in price from about 80 uk pound upwards and open up different encryption systems. Check board for more info on this. and finally a card either official or a hobbyist one to watch the encrypted channels.

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
I should clarify that if you are outside the united kingdom and you wish to view sky digital then you may need a larger dish but in britain i believe a 45cm dish is sufficient.