UK
MTV Rocks

Club

OMG

MTV +1

MTV Music +1

Comedy Central Extra +1

Paramount +1

I suspect that they are looking to cut costs and will move channels off 11.265 that they lease onto their own.

Last edited:

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Moved out of SkyQ section.

No loss to any of them. Ive said before linear music channels are an endangered species these days - who wants to watch hours of filler in the hope of getting a favourite track once every couple of hours? Its only a matter of time until the rest close seeing as anyone can curate their own music video selection on YT or any of a dozen streaming services.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TV with built in Freeview/ Virgin Media TiVo V6 box
My Location
UK
I doubt that Sky will let them stay in the Sub Club for much longer, all the other music channels are now FTA.

Mind you, in the days of analogue, transmission will have been more expensive than digital in real terms and I bet there were a lot less FTA (or pay when it encrypted) analogue MTV viewers than there are pay digital customers now and it still made a profit, so you never know.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
There was more interesting content to watch in analogue than the oodles of uselessness these days.

Yes, no loss here. The only time I watch MTV is at Christmas as they tend to play more familiar drivel. There are much better music channels elsewhere on the arc.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Im willing to predict we will see lots more closures over the next few months. The advertising market has been decimated by corona

Laser

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dr HD F15, OS mio + 4K, Octagon SF8008, Octagon SX88+. TM 5402HD M3. .Channel Master 1.20 Ku and C Band. 1.1 Triax Dish
My Location
Berkshire
No £ reduction from Sky though...

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TV with built in Freeview/ Virgin Media TiVo V6 box
My Location
UK
Im willing to predict we will see lots more closures over the next few months. The advertising market has been decimated by corona

Horse & Country (already closed on sky) and Vice are to close on Virgin Media. Not sure if Vice is to close on Sky too.