7020 vs 7025

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
I have sold my relook and will join the Dreambox community now :D

Why didn't i do that from the beginning going thru all boxes like Triple Dragon and Relook?

I am considering the 7025 and i know all technical details about using a different architecture and such.....

How would you guys say about 7020 vs 7025 when it comes to software support?

What about Enigma, does it work good with 7025?

What about the tuner sensitivity is the 7025 better or worse than 7020?

cfphoenix

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020S; DBox2 DVB-C; 1.1m Triax twin LNB for Astra & Hotbird; 90cm Sky dish for Hispa; 4-way Diseqc
My Location
Belfast
Welcome mate - FYI I have sold my Relook 400S too O-Ha and have gone back to dreambox.

As a past user of 7020 (and 7000), I would prefer the 7020 over the 7025 in terms of value for money but others might have different opinion.

I have currently settled for a 500S (at a bargain price of £94 on Ebay :) ).

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
cfphoenix said:
I have currently settled for a 500S (at a bargain price of £94 on Ebay :) ).

Hehehe...i did exactly the same thing, getting my DM500s tomorrow from Germany.

My plan was to buy as cheap as possible now and the DM500s is very good i have heard and then later on buy the DM8000s when it arrives in July.

Then i can keep the DM500s and can afford the DM8000s. :D

P.S What a disappointment Relook was after everything, i think it still got very nice hardware and very good quality, but after version 1.25 i think it's all been downhill with loads of new bugs and instability.

Not to mention the developers for the EMUs left Relook which makes it a quick seller before the whole Relook community dies.:(

I sold it for what i wanted thank god.;)

cfphoenix

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020S; DBox2 DVB-C; 1.1m Triax twin LNB for Astra & Hotbird; 90cm Sky dish for Hispa; 4-way Diseqc
My Location
Belfast
I learned this lesson from the relook experience:

Good quality hardware on its own does not count - software support is "most" important :-doh2

Your strategy is similar to mine - buy a cheap 500S in the meanwhile and wait for better to be released.

Me I am waiting for the price of 7020 to drop when the new dreamboxes get released. The current version of 7020 is good both in terms of hardware and software.

FYI - rhubarbe is also selling his relook.

Good luck ;)