7020S network is DEAD!!!

cfphoenix

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020S; DBox2 DVB-C; 1.1m Triax twin LNB for Astra & Hotbird; 90cm Sky dish for Hispa; 4-way Diseqc
My Location
Belfast
Hi mates,

I cannot get my DM7020S to connect to the internet - Neither through my router nor through my PC through internet sharing.

I couldn't flash an image through networking it to my PC - had to use a null modem cable instead.

Tried the Gemini 2.40 and also the original image on dreammultimedia's website but no luck.

What are my options?? Have already contacted dreammultimedia's technical support.

DCG

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm 7000 and 7020
cas 3
blue ice cam
sv card
redlight card
seca cam
reality cam
opos 1.03 and 1.05
lynksys router
gold cards
fun cards
1.1 mtr trix dish
0.3 sharp lnb
hh100 moter
xplus tv and inxtc card
s_x view +
ceribro card
My Location
just above the earth
you tryed with anothere pc and router m8 i had the same problem was the router in the end

cfphoenix

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020S; DBox2 DVB-C; 1.1m Triax twin LNB for Astra & Hotbird; 90cm Sky dish for Hispa; 4-way Diseqc
My Location
Belfast
Could not flash the DM7020S using Dreamup or Dreamcontrol centre.

The network icon on my PC's taskbar shows a cross i.e. it does not recognise the dreambox when I switch it on. But will try again and will let you guys know the problem.

I suspect the router is fcked. Will try tonight and keep you guys updated (Maybe my crossover cable is not good too).

Any idea on how to update keys/download cams without the network port on a DM7020S? Will wireless networking work with the Gemini 2.4 - I have read that only some 11mps usb card works. Any advice on this will be much appreciated.

Thanks

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
There is a known problem with Gemini 2.4 and if U have a cam in the extra slot

A fix is on it´s way

If U have a cam in the slot, remove it and try again

cfphoenix

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belfast
Not using a CAM.

My router is wokring fine - It is working okay with my Dbox2.

But this is very very strange:

I could share my PC's internet connection with the DM7020 through the network port and I could update keys and access internet.

So, the DM7020 network is working and I could also connect to my PC but it did not work with my router!!! It was working fine with my router before.

The LAN light on my router blinks for few seconds and then dies out (But it works fine with my dbox2 and also if I connect my PC directly to the router).

I have just read this post:
http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=49595&highlight=network+gemini
It seems that the DM7020 is not good!!!!!

cfphoenix

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belfast
I could update keys by connecting the box direct to my router today for 1 HOUR only - then it died again.

Am I and the "whatsthis" member here the only ones having this problem??

Is this a hardware or software defect with the DM7020S receiver??