80 cm dish, Irdeto 2 cam, humax C5100 Reciever...what next??

santheman

Reaction score
I have just bought a second hand box with a dish and card, where shall I point my dish to get the most channels ie football, mature content etc?? I have one LNB...do I need to program the CAM, how do I program cards for it???

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
I really think all the info you require is on this site. Have a good read through first santheman and then we can help you with the finer points.

santheman

Reaction score
Ok, I have had a read, know how to put the dish up, I probably want to point at hotbird - Is this the bes for starters.

Also if I have a irdeto 2 cam without a card, does this mean that I can pick up irdeto 2 FTA channels, or do I need some sort of card to use this CAM?

Which is best - Hotbird 13 degrees or Astra 19.2 - can I get both with an 80 cm dish?????

Any help would be great!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You can set up the dish with two LNBs to receive Astra 19.2 and Hotbird (depending on where you are) should be some information in the FAQs and How to section, if not best to ask the installation questions in the Multisat Systems forum when they arise.

Not sure how much use the Irdeto CAM will be at the moment, unless you are using a season interface and emulator software on your PC.

Which receiver do you have?

santheman

Reaction score
I have a Humax 5100C receiver. Should I start with Hot bird or Astra?? Which do you recommend

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you start with Hotbird, then you will not need to move the dish to add 19.2.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
To determine how useful the CAM is you will have to interrogate it in the CI menu

Then check it against 2Olds post on CAM info

iceboy

Reaction score
what you need is a twin lnb, it will catch hotbird and astra both, and for the channels you can use an magic module.with latest updates.................THE ICEEEEEEEEEEBOY,

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Ah, you mean a monobloc LNB, a twin LNB has two universal outputs pointing at the same satellite, a monobloc has two universal outputs pointing at two preset satellite locations, most common in Europe being Hotbird 13E and Astra 19.2E. :)