80% of uk digitalised

pov oatcakes

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
working in staffs moorlands
when is the other 20% of uk able to be up and running with digital tv. with out buying a £60.00 ariel i thought it was ment to be freeveiw not
buy a set top box for a £100 and buy and ariel 4 £60.00
total £160.00 i could get sky or cable for cheper and pay a low cost pay ment for a few monts then quit the subscription and get all the channels for free in any case.

any body got any advice.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Don't think that you could Pov, with sky you would have to get the full package to get a free installation and even if you downgraded from the full package after the first month it would cost you £181 for the year (minimum contract) and it would have to be connected to the phone line, then after that you would have no ITV2.

Not sure about cable, but I'm pretty sure that there is some sort of minimum contract as well.

Once you have the suitable aerial, you can then also have as many freeview boxes as you like off that one aerial.

N

net1

Pov the BBC do not get any money for the set top box or aerial and so their argument is true.

Quote:

The BBC however, argued that the its promotions made it clear that viewers who did not already have satellite or cable would need to buy an adapter for a one-off payment of £99.

They said the £99 was paid to the equipment supplier, not to them, and that all television viewers have to pay the licence fee regardless of what they watched.

Regards
Net1

pov oatcakes

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
working in staffs moorlands
would it be a good idea for the analog system to close down?
then they will issue freeveiw on my local transmitter.
is that right

(i can not get five on my transmitter as well))(-red )

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I think that the smaller infill transmitters probably will go digital ultimately, or the main transmitters will boost power hugely.