85cm picking up 2E Europe in Lapland, Finland

A

archive10

Or like this.. Yes, that's me. The tower is in Odense, DK (maybe you know it, @st1?) belonging to a local cable company but most of the dishes have been taken down now in favour of fibre delivered feeds.
I do, actually. Drove past it a couple of month ago after visiting friends in Odense. And it did occurr to me "that must be the C J one!".
IIRC they're the largest "antenna-union" in Denmark.
Proudly independent - can decide their own bouquet as and when they want.
But becoming more and more squeezed by Broadband and DTT/Cable offerings (esp now that customers of the latter can have individual choice of channel packages to some extent).

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Can you not just use that mast as a mounting point?

hairybadger

Bricoleur
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
near Geneva, Haute-Savoie, France
Well actually that might blend in with the radio and TV mast on the top of the hill about 200m away...
and there they have chainsawed every southerly tree in sight :) What's good for the goose....

battenfan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m pf
My Location
60N 18E
Not really related but somehow I came to think of this thread when I saw this: Help Us Increase Coverage - Host ADS-B Equipment (Kuusamo, Finland).
Something for Timo? Too bad you need internet for it. It would have been nice if they provided that too.

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
Not really related but somehow I came to think of this thread when I saw this: Help Us Increase Coverage - Host ADS-B Equipment (Kuusamo, Finland).
Something for Timo? Too bad you need internet for it. It would have been nice if they provided that too.
That is interesting and I would have done it but being half way up the side of one of the highest fells in the area would block signals from the west. Also probably wouldn't be able to install the equipment within a week as required but internet isn't a problem.