My Satellite Setup
INSAT 4B
NSS 6
ST1
ABS 1
EDUSAT
My Location
PONDICHERRY INDIA
Nine more channels to come up on DD's DTH service :)

Jalandhar (PTI): Nine more channels will be added to Doordarshan's direct-to-home service (DTH) which is very popular among the masses, Chief Executive Officer of Prasar Bharti Baljit Singh Lally said on Monday.
"Currently there are total 50 channels on the DTH, including 21 radio channels, and very soon nine more channels will be added to the bucket to make it more lucrative," Lally told reporters here.
Lally said the number of channels will be increased to 200 in coming months.
Referring to the latest data of Television Rating Point (TRP), Lally claimed that Doordarshan's 30 Punjabi programmes were topping the TRP list in Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh and Chandigarh.
At the national level too, the programmes of the its channels were listed among top 60. "I am not satisfied with the current judging system of TRP as it is based only on the report of 148 towns, in which no rural belt is included where DD has maximum viewership," he said.
Doordarshan will release DVD series, "Guru Manyo Granth" on the occasion of 300th year of Guru Granth Sahib in October for which a National Committee has already been formed, he said.

Source : The Hindu, Newspaper.
_http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/002200807071655.htm

user12148

Domine Deus
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dish Tv Dth
My Location
India
thanks for the info

Dushie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500S,
Ahtlon 64 machine
My Location
India
The channels have come up, but lot of pixellization and other issues, hope they fix the same

Hareesh

Reaction score
Website
www.tagtag.com
My Satellite Setup
Sat:Insat 4 B and NSS 6
Platform:DD Direct+
STB:Eurobox 9700+CI
System:Celeron D 2.8 GHz,Fedora Core 6 and Windows Vista Home Premium Edition.
My Location
Kasaragod,Kerala,South India.
Dushie said:
The channels have come up, but lot of pixellization and other issues, hope they fix the same
Pls give full details in which TP,polarization,SR etc.

srei

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
coship receiver 2000,Dreambox 500;2 ku3cband dishes of 2,4,6&8feet,amd 64 pc with 1GB ram usb tv tuner card
My Location
north west india
It is based on newspaper report which is quoted with source,be patient bro,DD DTH
is a Govt machinery,much hype and little...you know what.

anishks

Member Satellites.co.uk
Reaction score
Website
dishtracking.com
My Satellite Setup
NSS 6 (Dish T.V - K.U Band), Insat 4B (DDDirect Plus, Sun Direct - K.U Band) ,Insat 2E (C Band) & Insat 4A ( C- Band) - PC AMD Athalon 64*2 , 120 GB HD, 1 GB Ram. OS XP & Obuntu.
My Location
Kerala
pkgaran said:
Nine more channels to come up on DD's DTH service :)

Jalandhar (PTI): Nine more channels will be added to Doordarshan's direct-to-home service (DTH) which is very popular among the masses, Chief Executive Officer of Prasar Bharti Baljit Singh Lally said on Monday.
"Currently there are total 50 channels on the DTH, including 21 radio channels, and very soon nine more channels will be added to the bucket to make it more lucrative," Lally told reporters here.
Lally said the number of channels will be increased to 200 in coming months.
Referring to the latest data of Television Rating Point (TRP), Lally claimed that Doordarshan's 30 Punjabi programmes were topping the TRP list in Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh and Chandigarh.
At the national level too, the programmes of the its channels were listed among top 60. "I am not satisfied with the current judging system of TRP as it is based only on the report of 148 towns, in which no rural belt is included where DD has maximum viewership," he said.
Doordarshan will release DVD series, "Guru Manyo Granth" on the occasion of 300th year of Guru Granth Sahib in October for which a National Committee has already been formed, he said.

Source : The Hindu, Newspaper.
_http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/002200807071655.htm

Nice Information