A feed of New Orleans during Katrina

Channel Hopper

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK South
http://www.wwltv.com/perl/common/video/wmPlayer.pl?title=www.wwltv.com/082905ninth.wmv

gameboy

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
The Katrina Information Network, developed by Washington-based Flying Colors Broadcasts, will be available to Dish customers free while the Gulf Coast is rebuilding.

The channel broadcasts updates from relief agencies as well as key information such as telephone numbers and a survivors' list, EchoStar said.

EchoStar also is working with Clear Channel Communications Inc. to transmit that company's FM radio signals from Baton Rouge, La., to New Orleans.

EchoStar Communications, based in suburban Englewood, is the nation's second-largest satellite television provider.

Topper

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
IDD CI24 ECONO MM Penta 1.20 Galaxy II
1.2Mtr Polar MTG yes it has been on the arc for 25 years and is now fixed on 13 East using two pairs of rusty molegrips. Unlike me they never groan but always perform.
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Channel Hopper said:
And now Rita, just moved into the category of Hurricane. Prediction of landfall Friday in Louisiana or Saturday in Texas.
Better fill yer tanks up then before they hike the price again

Channel Hopper

Channel Hopper

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK South
According to sources, Rita is now approximately four times the size (in terms of energy stored) as Katrina.

Its the third worst hurricane that has been observed since records began.

Houston space centre has been evacuated and all communication to the ISS has been transferred over to the Russians.

If I was in Galveston, I would be getting the Ned Kellys onto the hoss.

Channel Hopper

Channel Hopper

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK South
and now turning northwards, slightly earlier than expected. Louisiana looks like its going to get the brunt again.