A few noobie questions about what card(s) i need

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD PVR+DVD, 80cm Dish, 1.2 Compatible Motor, Quad LNB, Samsung 22" 1080p HD TV/monitor, Yamaha RX-V765 Amplifier, Tannoy Mercury FC Centre Speaker, 2 x Tannoy F1 Custom Speakers, 2 x Tannoy FR Custom Speakers, EPOS ELS Sub Woofer
My Location
Teesside (North East England)
Hi ive just got a motorised satellite system set up with 80cm dish which is hooked up to a dreambox 500-s.

I live in the UK and i want to know which card i will need if any to get E4, i know that i can pick up channel 4 and channel 5 with a "free to view" card but since E4 is "free to view" on freeview box's why can i not pick that up also? i know this channel is subscription only but so are channel 4 and 5 and i can pick them up with a basic sky card in my dreambox.

My other question is if i cannot find a card will i be able to get any keys or anything for these? anynoddy managed to do this? And also i hear on hotbird they show the ART sport channels, ill want these for next season since they have got the rights again, i know i can get a card for them but will i be able to decrypt these with any keys? Im not after the keys just wondered if its possible with my dreambox 500-s.

Thanks

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
For E4 you need a sky subscription. E4 is a pay channel on satellite. End of story - there is absolutely no way to get sky with keys.

C4 & C5 are NOT subscription - they are free to view (free but conditionally scrambled so you need a card).

ART will not have the Premiership football next season. There is pirate cards available but they are only about 20 quid less than the legit cards! No keys available.

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD PVR+DVD, 80cm Dish, 1.2 Compatible Motor, Quad LNB, Samsung 22" 1080p HD TV/monitor, Yamaha RX-V765 Amplifier, Tannoy Mercury FC Centre Speaker, 2 x Tannoy F1 Custom Speakers, 2 x Tannoy FR Custom Speakers, EPOS ELS Sub Woofer
My Location
Teesside (North East England)
ART wont have football next season? i saw on some website that they will do and aprently on ART itself they have been advertising it so somebody told me.

How about that one which has just got the matches saitana sport or whatever its called, is that going to be subscription only? because you can pick that 1 up with a top up tv card at the minute and im guessing some keys might be around for it.

thanks for the help on that 1, i know you cannot encrypt sky but i didnt know E4 was 1 of these totally exclusive sky subscriptions. I just thought because of it being on freeview it mihgt be accessable via a free to view card.