A football fans plea

red star

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate CM1500+, 80cm dish fixed on hotbird. Art sport card.
My Location
Leeds
A couple of months back a friend of mine and fellow man united supporter was on his way to watch united against southampton at st mary's when he was the victim of an unprovoked and vicious assault by scum 'so called football fans' which put him in a coma for a month and has left him with a severely fractured skull.

His wife and children have been left to pick up the pieces. I am calling for all fellow football fans across the country to donate to Jamies cause and help his family rebuild his life.

Remember he is a football fan like us all who just wanted to watch his team, could have happened to anyone of us.

Donations (no matter small) are greatly appreciated and can be made at the official jamie turner appeal web site -

www.only1treble.com

If anyones interested a fund raising match has been arranged between the recently founded manchester united fans team (fc united of Manchester) and jamies local side AFC Telford at Telfords ground on 6th May. If you can make it please come down, will be great day out as well as a great fundraiser for Jamies family. More info on this nearer the time here - http://www.telfordutd.co.uk/

For more info about the incident here is a recent article from the local shropshire star newspaper over weekend

Fears for attacked fan as op delayed

By Kirsty Marston

A Shropshire father-of-two who was left fighting for his life after being attacked is at risk of suffering brain damage or fatal injuries due to a delay to a vital operation, his wife said today.
Manchester united supporter Jamie Turner, 46, of Madley, Telford, was left in a coma for three weeks after he was attacked as he walked to watch his team play a Premiership match at Southampton.
During emergency surgery, surgeons removed a blood clot and part of Mr Turner’s skull which his wife Karen, desperately needs to be replaced.
Mrs turner was told by surgeons that her husband could have died after the attack. Today she said her husband has made a “miraculous r” recovery but his life was being put on hold by the delay to the operation.
“Jamie asks me every day when is he going to get his skull back”, Mrs turner said “he been without it nearly 11 months now and the advice from the surgeons is that is should be replaced in tree to six months.”

“ He is vulnerable. He got a large section of skull missing and if he hits his head it could leave him brain damaged or kill him. He’s had three near misses in the time already, for Jamie it could be very, very serious.”

The operation may not take place until September.
Mrs Turner added: “Jamie is unable to have a normal, life until this operation is completed as he has to wear a protective helmet when he does any activity where his head may be struck.” The sooner the operation is carried out the sooner he can get through the painful process of the nerves in the scalp healing again”

A spokesman for Telford and Wrekin Primary Care Trust said “patients are assessed for speed of treatment based upon the clinical urgency as assessed by the treating consultant. “advice recently received from the neurosurgeons at Southampton indicates that the ideal time to undertake the operation is with in three to six months of the original surgery but there are no clear guidelines available.” “In the mean time he advises that the risk of Mr turner coming to any harm whilst waiting for his operation is considered to be minimal”

Thanks for reading.