a pretty straight forward setup needed

rowlystravel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
looking to buy
My Location
s. wales
hi guys, ive just joined up here last night and im gonnsa get a sat system going.. I have NTL at the mo and I dont actually watch that much tv, so i dont really want to pay £30 a month for it plus the "god given right to rape a man" TV license!!!!
I dont want anything thats gonna be ridiculously difficult to use, bearing in mind i live with a female who only figured out how to use ebay last week!!

i was thinking of getting a technomate as I dont fancy learning how to use the Dbox/linux

there's one I saw, i forget which but it has two CI/Cams ans comes with a free patch cable etc, think it was about £120 quid thereabouts

as you can see from the co ordinates from heavens above i am low down!!! but i am on top of a big hill where i live with hopes of putting a motorised dish on the chimney? would thids be OK?
we have a great view of the southern sky, so I was hoping an 80cm dish would suffice?!?
51.591 -2.989 1 m

Im more interested in the regular channels really, especially german ones like wdr (they show lots of live gigs from the rockpalast etc)
and also some footy, and a little bit of pRon wouldn't go amiss either :)

i seem to have been able to find sources for keys etc for cards, and i think i
could probably do this myself as opposed tto spending £100+ on cards

but what you all reckon about the technomate setup with a 80cm dish on a chimney and a motor?
and whats a good all round card to get started with?

cheers everyone

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
:-Welcome1

Welcome to the forum.

How about an 80cm dish, & a monobloc lnb to give you 13E and 19E at the same time. That gives you access to the German channels and the pron on 13E.

A Dragon Cam (now rebranded a trex I think) will allow you to access the TPS and Multivision services on 13E as well - and many of them come with a free years subs to h/c pron channels as well.

The Technomates are good little receivers - many folks on the forum speak highly of the 1500 super series.

However, you must remember that ahem "free channels" can come and go as the providers fight back against the patch file makers.

rowlystravel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
looking to buy
My Location
s. wales
cheers dude that was fast!!
i'm not too bothered about "free" channels, but let's face it it would be nice :)
the receiver i was looking at was the 7755/7765
but i just looked at teh 1500 series and they are better priced, but only seem to have 1 x CI
though the more i think about it the less i think it really matters whether i have 1 or 2 slots

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
2 just allows you to slot 2 cams in without too much swapping around.

The 19E / 13E combination I gave above will give you around 500 free to air (clear) channels in all sorts of wierd and wonderful languages from Azeri to Vietnamese.

rowlystravel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
looking to buy
My Location
s. wales
sounds good to me mate

how much should I be paying for a monobloc?
or do you know any good stores and il look myself

SeanCorky

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500CI+
ISS 1M Offset Dish
Moteck SG2100A Motor
My Location
Merseyside
If i was to buy a reciever again i'd get the Technomate 7755

I have no problems with my 1500 but the 7755 supports Card Share now

More channels...if you can find the right sites etc

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Monoblocs are around 30 quid. You are probably best buying online unless you have a big satellite shop near your base. There are various online suppliers, but we wont normally recommend any directly as we dont want any problems if it goes t*ts up.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
SeanCorky said:
If i was to buy a reciever again i'd get the Technomate 7755, I have no problems with my 1500 but the 7755 supports Card Share now. More channels...if you can find the right sites etc

The 1000 series will (should) soon be able to support card-share as well Sean. :-thumbup

rowlystravel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
looking to buy
My Location
s. wales
thanks everyone!!
sounds like a plan