A question about feeds.

Shahid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sony KLV26HG2 LCD TV, Humax HD-CI 2000 on a Fixed Sky/Astra/Hotbird.
Cerebro Card. Infinity USB Phonix. Dragon Cam v4.1 w/Firecrypt & Loader Card.
My Location
London UK
All channels which are broadcast are listed in magazines such as What satellite with there frequencies. Even on the website such as www.lyngsat.com

That is the only knowledge I have about feeds.
My question is .. Are broadcasters testing there channels and broadcasting them on feeds which are not known to the public. The feeds which SATDUDE updates are they the hidden ones?

shahid

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
No feed is hidden. Once its up and running its a question of finding it , and assessing what other parameters are being used to provide the information

The way to be one step ahead is not by unsing a magazine thats already nearly eight weeks out of date in its information

All satellites have a standard transponder plan, built in at the design stage and usually for all to see on the satellite providers web page. Sometimes there are transponders that can be adjusted once launched by the provider for special payloads. Once the transmission has been detected by a satellite dish of the correct size, analogue and most MPEG streams can be determined for content by the most rudimentary spectrum analysers available on the market.

The way the broadcasts are put on sites such as Lyngsat and Satdudez is simply by the enthusiasts that have found them first, or by those that know whats broadcasting

Satdude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
N/A
My Location
Ireland
Excellent reply,thanks m8.

Regards SATDUDE. :-righton