My Satellite Setup
GBsat 2CI0,
80cm dish,
SG2100 motor,
Matrix reborn cam,
Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland
I was talking to a guy the other day about my motor and all my different channels and how it was difficult or virtually impossible to open the sky digital channels without a genuine card, he told me that if you try, Sky have the technology nowadays to detect who is trying to illegally open their channels and they send a signal which blows up your receiver. Is this true or is he talking rubbish? He's one of those people who likes to think he knows everything and tries to better whatever you do or say. I hate to sound stupid, but I had to ask.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
T-E-E-N-A said:
Sky have the technology nowadays to detect who is trying to illegally open their channels and they send a signal which blows up your receiver.

And it's not even April the 1st!!!!

T-E-E-N-A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GBsat 2CI0,
80cm dish,
SG2100 motor,
Matrix reborn cam,
Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland
gameboy said:
And it's not even April the 1st!!!!

Gameboy this guy has always believed his own rubbish, I am fed up arguing with him, but he is ALWAYS right. I just had to ask before I give him a good sharp slap. LOL

age123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
triax td88
My Location
wales
LOL its a load of bull

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
I had the top off my digibox this morning after it stopped working, and can confirm theres definitely no sticks of dynamite in there! :D O-Ha

pothead13

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci + 1000d super +
skystar 2 pci card
1M Motorised dish
Ivacon twin lnb
pc + laptop on network
My Location
uk
i herd this is true aswell the same as ntl but never believed it

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Yeh - the box blows up - only after it calls the firebrigade and tells them your house is on fire.

So remember to always leave your box connected to the phone line.

:-doh! - dooh!!!!

T-E-E-N-A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GBsat 2CI0,
80cm dish,
SG2100 motor,
Matrix reborn cam,
Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland
gameboy said:
Yeh - the box blows up - only after it calls the firebrigade and tells them your house is on fire.

So remember to always leave your box connected to the phone line.

:-doh! - dooh!!!!

LMAO, Very good.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, yet another scare story from the rumour repeaters at the technically inept club, of course Sky can switch off your card, but unless your box is connected to the phone line, they would be totally unaware of anything happening in your receiver.

I have been told may times how the box talks to Sky via the satellite and it appears that no amount of technical evidence to the contrary can dissuade some people of this.

Best one I was told a while back, was that people in Germany can watch Sky for free, because they are much closer to the satellite and the signal is so strong . :-lmao

john22

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Samsung Motorised COMAG sl55. Panosonic TUDSB 30 Sky box.
My Location
Ireland
Thanks for the Info T-E-E-N-A I have moved my Digi-Box to the bomb shelter that I built in my back garden, I always thought it was only the programes that bombed on Sky.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
"They" also use this technology to send messages to your freezer & washing machine and while you sleep they send gamma rays directly to your brain to find out what you think. Be afraid!!

john22

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ireland
Thanks T-G !

I have now moved my Digi- Box back into the house near the freezer and washing machine and am now living in the bomb shelter. Busy morning.

T-E-E-N-A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GBsat 2CI0,
80cm dish,
SG2100 motor,
Matrix reborn cam,
Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland
john22 said:
Thanks for the Info T-E-E-N-A I have moved my Digi-Box to the bomb shelter that I built in my back garden, I always thought it was only the programes that bombed on Sky.

I wouldn't thank you for Sky TV even if it was free, the programmes are awful, you are basically paying for re-runs, unless you are into sport. Total waste of money. My parents pay for the whole package and if I see Family Fortunes or Takeshi's castle once more, I'm gonna scream! :-doh!

john22

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ireland
Dear Mr. T-E-E-N-A
You have gone to far this time, slagging off "Takeshi"s Castle" that is my fav T.V. show[excepting "The Love Boat"] I have every episope on Betamax and me and my mates watch it every Saturday night. That friend of yours might jut know what he was talking about.

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Now there's QUALITY entertainment for you :D

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
An interesting idea, though. Would encourage viewers not to let their Sky subscriptions lapse!

T-E-E-N-A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GBsat 2CI0,
80cm dish,
SG2100 motor,
Matrix reborn cam,
Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland
john22 said:
Dear Mr. T-E-E-N-A
You have gone to far this time, slagging off "Takeshi"s Castle" that is my fav T.V. show[excepting "The Love Boat"] I have every episope on Betamax and me and my mates watch it every Saturday night. That friend of yours might jut know what he was talking about.

John you poor thing, my heart goes out to you, I think you should go to the nearest chemist and get some diazepam, I hear it works wonders. Hurry ! There is no time to waste.

:)