A utility to to manipulate files on PC and STB

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
I wrote this program a long time ago. It allows scripts to be written in the format as outlined in the attached manual. The script 'language' allows copying files between the STB and a Windows PC, running commands on the PC or the STB, testing results etc etc - see the manual for details. Example scripts are included.
It also installs BouquetWizard (quite an old version but it still works) and allows access to it by clicking a button.

The installer has a bug in that it does not create a launch button and it has to be launched from \program files\shumifan50\stbmanager (or create ashortcut on your desktop.

If you find it useful or have any suggestions, post them here or send me a PM.

The main advantage of this program is its ablity to copy files in either direction and run programs on the PC (e.g. unzip) and the STB (e.g. ipkg or linux scripts). It also has a file manager for copying files between PC and STB and a cr/lf aware editor.

It is quite useful to write scripts to help newbies.

When I try to upload bouquetwizard the upload fails. I think the file is still too big: 2.9MB. Can anybody advise how I can upload it please? If this is not installed then the "edit bouquets" button will not work. It can be downloaded from here. I hope I ma not breaking any rules on this link! If I am please remove it.

Important note: if the program fails to run you might have to install the attached file vcredist_x86.rar. Unzip it and run the installer. It is a Microsoft framework redistrinution package for older C++ programs.

Help file for usage.
Unzip aaahelp.rar and copy the file aaahelp.tms to the same directory as STBManager on your PC for online help.

Installing an *.ipk on your STB.
Unzip installIPKG.rar and copy installIPKG.tms into same directory as STBManager. Click on "Install IPKG" in the Common Operations window. Browse to the ipk file in the file picker wondow that pops up. The ipk file will be copied to the STB and installed. Look in the main panel for any errors.

Revisit this page to get any additional scripts that become available.

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
Sounds like a nifty tool mate. AS for uploading , it must be zip or rar and no bigger than 4.8mb. If its over 5mb archived then unpack it and pack it up again into a multi part rar of say 3mb. Then attach both rar files in your post.

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
Hi shumifan50,
Thanks for posting. :)

It looks like a useful utility.

Just so you know....
Telnet is not very secure. Its fine for working on your own LAN, but its not advisable to use it over the net. You might want to consider using a SSH client.

Your utility seems to be using Micro$oft's telnet. Telnet does not come installed in versions of windows from Vista upward. It might be worth taking a look at Putty.

WildBit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-DM800 fixed on 28.2-quad
-DM7020 motorized
-Skystar HD2 motorized
-Cards&Cams&Cas
My Location
Ireland
compufunk said:
Your utility seems to be using Micro$oft's telnet. Telnet does not come installed in versions of windows from Vista upward. It might be worth taking a look at Putty.
Telnet client and/or server can be easily installed on Vista through the control panel

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
Most of the functionality of this utility is for internal LAN use only, so lets see whether the people find it useful. If it is perceived to have benefit, then I will do some more development on it. There are still some features short in the scripting langauge, e.g. being able to tokenise/extract strings out of variables and getting easy access to the name of a file, rather than just the full path and access to the STB type so scripts can be generalised.
Please note that in the filemanager you can right click on a file to gain access to several file related features like the viewer/editor. It also needs pictures added for the newer STBs.
Note. I do not have Vista installed anywhere (and dont really intend to install it), so it might not even work on Vista. Tested on XP Pro.