A Warning to all Xtreme Owners

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
For a while now i have been reading with interest the post's on the Xtreme forum concerning programming the embedded UCAS, to emulate the Matrix Reloded!....although the fact remains that Xtreme's UCAS is simular to that of the MR!...and agreed there are a few that have succesfully completed this task BUT! there are others also whom have ended up in tears with a dead STB!. So is a risk worth taking?......all it takes is own wrong or missing file uploaded from your pc and ZAP!.....one dead STB!.....ONE DEAD STB = NO WARRANTY!....so for those of you that have considered doing this (i did once!)...what is the cheaper option ?...risking a receiver for the cost of around £245.00...0r a MR cam which can be purchased for £80.00.....I rest my case....WR

P.S
I have posted this message on Toecutters as well!.......and also spoken to >cor< regarding this subject who kindly replied to my PM's.......he also has the same opinion as myself!........WR

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Agree with you Waverider, it could be a very costly experiment, done a couple of those myself in the past with much regret.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Well I have to admit rolfw there are people posting on the Xsite whom I wouldnt trust with a sponge!....let alone with a screwdriver....and to think what damage they risk programming their boxes makes me shudder!.....still the advantages are in my favour I suppose.... as there is gonna be a lot of spare parts for sale on that site soon.......'DEAD STB's!'....lol