A Warning To All!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigrandydavid

site tea lady
Reaction score
My Location
elliots butchers
I received this e-mail that I thought I should pass on to all my fellow forum members....

be careful....

Beware! I got this today and the warning is genuine!

: Yesterday, a friend was travelling on a Paris to London flight. A man of Arabic appearance got off the plane and my friend noticed that he had left his bag behind. She grabbed the bag and ran after him, caught up with him in the terminal and handed him back his bag. He was extremely grateful and reached into his bag which appeared to contain large bundles of money.

He looked around to make sure nobody was looking and whispered "I can never repay your kindness, but I will try to....with a word of advice for you: Stay away from Manchester".

My friend was genuinely terrified. "Is there going to be an attack?" she asked him.

"No ... ", he whispered back...... "It's a shithole."

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

lee32uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super
Triax 1.1m dish
Diseqc motor
Invacom lnb
My Location
Manchester
Its a good job us Mancunians have a sense of Humour :D

Lee

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
You must have to live so close to Liverpool !

bigrandydavid

site tea lady
Reaction score
My Location
elliots butchers
Originally posted by lee32uk
Its a good job us Mancunians have a sense of Humour :D

Lee
I`m nearly a manc myself lee (picture clue as you didn`t spot this last time I posted it

drag0nfly_69uk

Reaction score
My Location
essex boy
Alex Ferguson was walking along some street in Manchester when he faints in front of the nationwide BS, when they pull him inside and manage to revive him, he asks "where am I?" "You're in the Nationwide" he is told, "blow me!" he exclaims "is it September already?"

lee32uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super
Triax 1.1m dish
Diseqc motor
Invacom lnb
My Location
Manchester
Originally posted by bigrandydavid
I`m nearly a manc myself lee (picture clue as you didn`t spot this last time I posted it

You must have a REALLY good sense of humour being a Bolton fan lol :p

bigrandydavid

site tea lady
Reaction score
My Location
elliots butchers
indeed i have and i needed every ounce of it whilst STANDING in the gene kelly seats at maine road on saturday in the most horrific 2 hour rainstorm watching my team get well and truly buried

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Humax IRCI5400z, Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403, 1.1m Triax, Technomate TH-2600 DiSEqC mount, Sony BDV-E280 Home Cinema system, ancient Logik Freeview PVR.
My Location
Kernow
But wasn't it wonderful to see Forlan put two past Liverpool's suspect keeper? The commentators were even talk of Houllier having to substitute him. And those Liverpool gits have the brass neck to criticise Barthez. Well, well.

This is what satellite tv is all about: watching the world's best football team trash the Scousers. And we can look forward to them doing it to the Arse next week. Makes the cost of a patched 5400 and all those hours freezing my balls on the gararge roof adjusting the dish 110% worthwhile.

Where's Maine Road?

O-Ha :D

bigrandydavid

site tea lady
Reaction score
My Location
elliots butchers
@wolsty - first and foremost may i refer you to the picture higher up the thread:D :D :D

there was some suggestion that after dudeks clanger and barthez`s world class saved that the keepers had been switched at half time and nobody noticed:)

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Humax IRCI5400z, Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403, 1.1m Triax, Technomate TH-2600 DiSEqC mount, Sony BDV-E280 Home Cinema system, ancient Logik Freeview PVR.
My Location
Kernow
I'm tempted to say touche and let matters rest.

But then I recall Nat Lofthouse's Cup Final foul and ask myself why I should bury old grievances. I lived in Bolton for 9 years and shuddered every time I passed Burnden Park.

:rolleyes:

bigrandydavid

site tea lady
Reaction score
My Location
elliots butchers
ah it was a mans game in those days!!

remember the old running track around the ground at burnden?

as hard man defender roy hartle used to say to the opposition attackers.

`if thou gets past me today lad thou will `ave gravel rash`

none of this £30K a week nonsense

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kernow
If not 'a man's game', it certainly was a game where goalies were likely to get injured, since it was perfectly legitimate to 'shoulder-charge' them in those days. Not a few dropped the ball when nudged by an aggressive centre forward, but Lofthouse went too far. I've heard him admit on national television that he did foul Harry Gregg (not a man to argue with at the best of times) and that, in today's game he would have been red carded.

The mid fifties were a bad time for Manc teams, though. In 1956, Bert Trautmann had his neck broken by a Brum City lout, whose name I can't remember and in 1957, Ray Wood's cheekbone was broken when he was fouled by Ray McParland of Villa. City won, but McParland and Lofthouse ensured that United lost the '57 and '58 Cup Finals.

:(

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kernow
'Two Nil, Two Nil, Two Nil, Two Nil', ass the old song goes! Third in the Premiership and three points behind the Arse. Liverpool and Everton lost. The only cloud was that Chelsea won. Oh happy day!

:D :D :D :D :D

lee32uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super
Triax 1.1m dish
Diseqc motor
Invacom lnb
My Location
Manchester
Oh happy days..oh happy days...ARSEnil..ARSEnil wots the score..ARSEnil wots the score..:D WENGER u r the weakest link........GOODBYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!