Aaagggggh!! The times they are a changing

Lord Byron

Reaction score
I haven't been much in the sat scene for about a year now, but I have continued to watch stuff with my fun cards and that but in the last few months, the amount of stuff I have been able to watch has been less and less.

The files do not work on my aged equipment. :rolleyes:

A lot can change in one year. O-Ha A lot can change in two weeks. :D

LB. :D

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Certainly right, the funcard is not the force it once was and is now mostly used for loading software onto CAMs. The Titanium card and its competitors are the current tool of choice. :)

Lord Byron

Reaction score
Hi, rolfw, I have no idea what the Titanium card is, but I will defo look up on these boards.

Cheers, LB.:)

gauros

Reaction score
Lord Byron said:
Hi, rolfw, I have no idea what the Titanium card is, but I will defo look up on these boards.

Cheers, LB.:)
tit card is a card with bigger memory that Fun and with tit card and the right file you can watch conax, sky italy etc.

but there is in more card that i think is better than tit card, knot card.

gauros

Lord Byron

Reaction score
Thanks, gauros. Can I program it with my fun card programmer? How much are the cards, and will they work with my Humax 5400Z which was patched 16 months ago?!

I don't know to to re-patch my reciever.

Thanks.

LB.:)

gauros

Reaction score
You cannot program it with a fun programmer, you need infinity phoenix programmer, and i dont there willl be a problem working on humax(i have not tested it on humax, it works fine for me on matrix reloaded) but you should ask in a forum that they have tested it.

gauros

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It doesn't necessarily need to be an infinity, any programmer with a phoenix mode at 3.58 Mhz will do, you can buy one for around £15. The new USB Elvis is gaining a reputation to match its older brother.

gauros

Reaction score
rolfw said:
It doesn't necessarily need to be an infinity, any programmer with a phoenix mode at 3.58 Mhz will do, you can buy one for around £15. The new USB Elvis is gaining a reputation to match its older brother.
yes , i agree with that rolfw, but i think infinity usb pheonix in of the best programmers there are out and USB Elvis is very good.

Lord Byron

Reaction score
gauros said:
yes , i agree with that rolfw, but i think infinity usb pheonix in of the best programmers there are out and USB Elvis is very good.

Thanks for your help guys, but I am being blinded by science here! :D

It's a long while since I was in this sat game, but when I was in it, I was all clued up. It'll take me a while to get back in my stride. Rather than buying new equipment I would like to know what I can get with my existing set-up. Humax 5400Z, fun card and Maximus programmer bought 18 months ago!

Thanks.

LB. :)

gauros

Reaction score
Lord Byron said:
Thanks for your help guys, but I am being blinded by science here! :D

It's a long while since I was in this sat game, but when I was in it, I was all clued up. It'll take me a while to get back in my stride. Rather than buying new equipment I would like to know what I can get with my existing set-up. Humax 5400Z, fun card and Maximus programmer bought 18 months ago!

Thanks.

LB. :)
sorry mate but i dont know anything about humax so cannot say. bt i know from and i would say that you can buy a dragon can thats is aroun £80 and you can watch D+ and sky italy with tit card or you can buy Matrix revolution,

i dont think you can do anything with out new equipment.

gauros

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
There is a new flash for the Humax and I believe that it pulls in quite a bit without a card.