AB IPBox 9000HD Info Request

rolo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
AB IP 9000HD Linux twin tuner 500GB PVR receiver with 1m Funke motorised dish with 0.2dB Titanium LNB powered by a 36 volt Jaeger 99G motor with v box
My Location
North Wales
Hi,

I'm totally new to all this and would firstly like to say hello to everyone.

I'll be taking delivery tomorrow of an AB IPBox 9000HD 500MB PVR Linux receiver plus 1m Funke motorised dish operated by a 36v motor which I'll be installing myself at the weekend (can't wait).

The problem is that I can't find many other people who have the same receiver for general guidance on how to get the most from the it, do's and don'ts, etc. If anyone out there could offer any guidance I would be most grateful.

Many thanks...

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum rolo

Well firstly this is an HD box some of which have only been on the market a matter of months, Since only a limited amount of people have HD at all therefore having your stb is even rarer. I am not being unkind here but if you did not find any help support etc what made you buy it then?, or was it a case of that spec sounds fab I've got to have it. At 599 Euros it sounds expensive but has a lot of capabilities which I am sure you are aware of. Because it is a Linux based box I am sure there will be similarities with other Linux based boxes

However first you need to forget that and get the installation done. As you have never done one I would suggest you learn to walk before trying to run and initially just imagine you have a fixed dish, no motor and get a static fixed position system working before trying to motorise it. There are plently of sticky help tutorials available on the site to assist you.

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo 250gig/ DreamElite BH 1.3.2 Multiboot

Dreambox 500s-(clone) / DM-600

Relook 400s 160 Gig-/SifTeam 1.93 e enigma

Foretec 90cm Dish with Nikkai Diseqc Motor- 2 sky+ receivers fixed 28.2 east.
My Location
Newtownabbey, near Belfast, Northern Ireland
hi rolo. i have a relook 400s (ipbox in different countries) try _http://www.fantacy-team.net/forum/ or _www.denktenk.com. Loads of reading on both.

rolo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
AB IP 9000HD Linux twin tuner 500GB PVR receiver with 1m Funke motorised dish with 0.2dB Titanium LNB powered by a 36 volt Jaeger 99G motor with v box
My Location
North Wales
Thank you so much Tomthebomb1968. I'll take your advice on board.

Kind regards...

shubunkin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
AB-IPBox 9000HD plus
Funke 1m
36v V-box
My Location
Bucks
Wow! You have exactly the same set up as I have just installed in the last week.

Just this evening I've got the motorised dish to work and have picked up Astra 19.2 or whatever, for mainly German chamnels.
Also got Thor and Astra 28.2.

I've noticed that the reciever seems to lose the will to drive the v-box motor.

I'd be interested to hear how you get on

rolo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Wales
Hi Shubunkin,

Unfortunately, I've had to change my motor to a Tech 2200 diseqc motor because I was having too much trouble with the channels. Only just fitted the new motor today and am in the process of scanning the satellites back in. I wish you well and hope you don't suffer the same problems I had. Keep in touch. I have to go now but I'll check tomorrow to see you're getting on.

Kind regards...

gerryl

Reaction score
Cool box....the Plus has x2 DVB-S2 tuners!...only done some info diggin on the box lately (seems to be same as DGStation Cuberevo!)

Ye will need to search hard for English forums (mostly German) but there are some which have full software range and tools!...will pm URl's if ye need

Will order mine soon as the house extension is finished (feckin builders)...keep us posted on how ye get on.

Believe DM8000 has missed the boat and the IP Box 9000 will around for along time to come...:-worship

ps where did ye buy the box as there seems to be no RRP and costs vary from 400+ to 700 Euro!...for same spec!!!

shubunkin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
AB-IPBox 9000HD plus
Funke 1m
36v V-box
My Location
Bucks
rolo said:
Hi Shubunkin,

Unfortunately, I've had to change my motor to a Tech 2200 diseqc motor because I was having too much trouble with the channels. Only just fitted the new motor today and am in the process of scanning the satellites back in. I wish you well and hope you don't suffer the same problems I had. Keep in touch. I have to go now but I'll check tomorrow to see you're getting on.

Kind regards...
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
As far as I have been able to find out the IPbox 9000hd has problems with the v-box II, its not the motor which is at fault. There is also a possibility that PCeditor and the receiver mess up the db.sat file during updtaes etc.

Either way I have gone over to maually driving the motor and for the past day or so. tuning from one sat to the other has been faultless.

I wait in extreme anticipation for updates to the reciever software, however the AB web site seems very quiet and their own forum has been under repair for the past two or so weeks.

jud1255

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax 5400,ipbox 9000, magic cam
1-8mtr dish 45east to 45 west
My Location
s,yorkshire
shubunkin said:
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
As far as I have been able to find out the IPbox 9000hd has problems with the v-box II, its not the motor which is at fault. There is also a possibility that PCeditor and the receiver mess up the db.sat file during updtaes etc.

Either way I have gone over to maually driving the motor and for the past day or so. tuning from one sat to the other has been faultless.

I wait in extreme anticipation for updates to the reciever software, however the AB web site seems very quiet and their own forum has been under repair for the past two or so weeks.

ill soon be getting my ipbox with 1 dvb-s2 and 1x dvb-t
my current hummy5400 drives my 1.8mtr dish via my v-box2 to drive the 36volt jack.

Will the 9000 run 1.8dish via the v-box2 as i want to remove my hummy5400 for now
did you manage to get it working ok
settings etc will be appreciated thanks.