absolute beginner seeks help

grover111222

Reaction score
Hi every one.I feel like the dumbest man on earth.Please help me understand the whole concept of it.I tryed to find info at many places but there's not such basics anywhere.I have a Nokia 220s and an original VIASAT card for the silver package-includes most TVchanels but not Tv1000 and cinema related.My dish is pointed at Sirius and Thor.What should I do to watch canal + and tv 1000 and other encoded tv chanels.please explain to me the very basics of the concept.Do I need to conect the receiver to my PC first and use a software to upgrade somehow the firmware or ....Maybe there's a place to find all the info but I can't find it.I see people talking about some files and tryed to fugure out what's going on ...it just made my shame bigger.Please forgive my my ignorrence.Thanx beforehand for your time.Grover

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
grover111222 said:
My dish is pointed at Sirius and Thor.
How is that? twin LNB's/monoblock, or motor?

grover111222 said:
What should I do to watch canal + and tv 1000 and other encoded tv chanels.
Most channels on Sirius is now encrypted in N*D*S, and are therefore no longer available without a valid subscription. Some are available, like Viasat3 in Vi@ccess 2.3 (and a few others, which my dish is not large enough to receive :( ).

All channels on 1W can be watched periodically with the right hardware and software. Depends on your receiver, which I don't know. Sounds like you will need a CI slot, a C*nax or C*nax capable CAM, and a Titanium or MII card, plus programmer etc.

grover111222 said:
it just made my shame bigger.Please forgive my ignorrence.
No shame in asking for help m8.

:)

grover111222

Reaction score
BGonaSTICK said:
How is that? twin LNB's/monoblock, or motor?
yes I guess it's a twin LNB/monoblock-I ain't got no motor yet

I just went "by an accident" to a site wich started to open up things for me.For anyone at my level please go to http://www.duwgati.com/uk/index.htm and read carefuly.That also helped me understand now BGonaStick's answer.See,before,when I was trying to figure things out from other's posts, I was reading about programmers and keys and software etc.but couldn't figure out exactly how that works.I just didn't know the basics of it.That's why I felt stupid and ashamed :-)))
Thanks m8 :-)

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
My dish spends most of it's time at 1W, It's open season on Conax at the moment and it's one of the bigger packages, so not to be missed.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Razor said:
My dish spends most of it's time at 1W.

I agree 1W is the place to be - until they bust that ball.

Bet T_G's glad he cut that tree down!!