Active card v inactive

pman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
NONE
Dear all
I am looking at E bay for a yellow house blue card. Some are advertised as active and are approaching £40. Others presumably innactive are nearer £10. What is the difference in what I can recieve with these cards?. I am not looking for premium channels. I just want BBC and ITV channels. which way should I go?.

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
If the card has never been activated then you will need to phone up and activate it (before it will decrypt any channels) either by doing a callback on the digibox or phoning in person and pretending to be the card owner (including knowing their name, address etc).

If the card has been activated then it will work for ITV, Ch4 and Ch5 in any digibox (with correct dish etc), but may need a day or two to update itself.

Ask the seller of the cheaper ones if the card has been activated or not (as some maybe just didn’t mention it), and of course check their feedback.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Anyone who is selling a card for £10 is selling one which doesn't and probably won't work, bear in mind that you have to pay £20 for a FTV card from Sky, so nobody is going to sell one for less than that.