Activx-control

T24

Info Exec
Reaction score
Hi

I tried to see a serial nr.for some prog,the following message appeared:

You have to install Activx control,should I install it? win xp,service pack 2.

Thanks

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I take it you mean on the internet?

Could be harmless, but if you're just trying to read a text-based serial number, then I guess it's likely to be malicious.

I would certainly not take the chance.

If you really feel the need, then I would recommend a complete disk (not partition) backup first, using something like Ghost, and then you can always get back to where you started.

STICK

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I will not let any of these things load now, stopped using the serial sites when several unexplained viruses and trojans appeared on my system. Serials 2000 is possibly a safer alternative.

T24

Info Exec
Reaction score
Thank you mate for the prompt reply,I need some serials on ¤¤¤.serials.ws or

¤¤¤.freeserials.com.do I have to do a complete disk back up firist? to download some

serials on these sites?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Well, my thinking is that any of these sites can infect you at any time, no matter what precautions you take, and the only way to give yourself a safe 'backstop' is to have a pre-infection backup. Once you get it set up, it only takes a few minutes to do, and it could save you literally days of work rebuilding. Don't use either of the sites you mention (have heard of them both), but I think that there's a simple answer to any infection you may pick up.

I use www.cracks.am, which has a few popups, and some mature content, but as long as you reject any download installs you should be fine. They have tons of cracks and serials.

Many of these sites say that you have to install this or that, or vote for their site, or follow a link or whatever, but if you keep saying no, then you often get what you want anyway.

I take a backup every month, and before every warez install, and it's saved my butt on many occasions.

T24

Info Exec
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the advice/detaield info,much appreciated.

@rolfw

Thank you mate for the info.I will use cracks.am & serials 2000.

Regards

T24