Actuator/Feedhorn

BOEBOE

Reaction score
What is the use of a actuator? To move dish from east to west?

And what is a feedhorn, it has something todo with the actuator??

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Boeboe, most if not all of the information you are asking for is on the forum, there is a search function at the top of each page and you can type in keywords like feedhorn to get your answers.

Don't get me wrong, nobody minds answering questions, but not a relentless string of them.

PS. The actuator moves the dish and the feedhorn collects the signal from the dish, when attached to an LNB.

BOEBOE

Reaction score
Yes? Sorry... I know how frustrating this is... Also moderator....

But I didn't find any info when entering "feedhorn" in the search.

A feedhorn is normally not needed? On what reciever should this be using?
And what do you mean by collecting signals? How should this be connected to the LNB then?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The feedhorn is normally matched to the dish, so you use one when a dish requires it, there is a type of LNb which is designed to fit to it, called a C120.

If you think of the dish as being a big reflector, it then focuses the signal to one central point, this being where the feedhorn is.

BIGDISH

Reaction score
My Location
Vienna, Austria
Try feed horn (with a space between) also feed on it's own. Also try words like: flange, C120, C 120, C-120, dedicated, WC 75, WC75 (the WCs are the US terms).

info is the key...

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Just tried "feedhorn" and got 17 threads excluding this one.