actuator voltage on humax 5400

R

razdaz100

i am upgrading my system to a humax 5400 digital receiver.
i have a 12in 36v actuator attached to a 1mtr dish
i have read all the posts on the 5400 but cannot see if it will work on this receiver.
can anybody shed any light on this or will i have to get a diseq motor.
many thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
From the look of the spec it operates DiseqC only, if you don't want to go to all the trouble of ladders, and realignment, you can always consider a DiseqC to 36v converter. They cost around £80 and apparently a doddle to install. Or you can do what my neighbour has and run an analogue positioner alongside, on a twin universal LNB, bit fiddly but it works.

Rolf

R

razdaz100

i probably will get a diseqc 1.2 motor. do these fit any dish i.e the mount on the back of the dish. or does it come with a kit to convert it to any dish.
my pole is going to be situated in the garden on a pole on the floor.
do these motors sit on top of the pole or on the side.
do you know of any site i can visit to read up on these so i can stop asking stupid questions and annoying people
thanks again.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well, certainly if you haven't installed the unit yet you may as well go directly for the DiseqC unit. Providing you get the pole perfectly plumb, the installation is relatively straightforward, if somewhat time consuming. The positioner will bracket to the pole and then the dish bracket is mounted to the swinging arm on the positioner.
The silent gold is a nice unit at under £100 and can be bought from our sponsors, there are many others available and they mostly do a similar job.

Rolf

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
You're welcome, there'll be no shortage of backseat drivers, sorry I mean advisors when you go to instal it as well. :)

Rolf

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Cutting ! on a Monday morning as well