AD-3000 WHAT A PIECE OF JUNK!!!

claytonstarbar

Reaction score
Hi ive got a ad3000 viaccess & every time i change channel the
receiver switches its self off & back on again sometines twice any ideas 2old.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Take it back to the dealer. It's only designed to crash once or twice a day, not continually...
2old

PS
I'm deleriously happy with my own Echostar ad300ip and have asked it to bear my children.

claytonstarbar

Reaction score
Hi the shop has changed the unit for one with viaccess running software version 120.
Now with this unit when you change channels you sometimes get no sound or the wrong language,subtitles/language are all set to english.
also when you somtimes switch the unit on the channels freeze
when you switch it off there is a delay before the unit goes off
you still get a picture on the screen.
im in london & have an 80cm lenson heath dish with a cambridge
0.7db universal LNB viewing Astra & hotbird.

it would be nice to have a system were you could switch on and
get a picture with sound in english with no delay, my old PACE MS508 is still working & is a far better machine easy to use better picture & sound quality how i wish i had never changed.

ps i tried resetting the factory defaults.

anybody want to buy a ad3000 viaccess with seca cam ?

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
I did not realise that the Pace model you compare so favourably to the Echostar was also an analogue/digital combi with 2 CI slots, built-in Viaccess and internal positioner with Ferrite & rotor polarisor control.

Must have been quite advanced in its day.

2old

claytonstarbar

Reaction score
Well at least it worked straight out of the box & gave brilliant picture & sound with good user interface.

What can you say about the 3000, the channels take ages to load
if they load at all, sound quality is poor software is crap
the systems forever locking up for one reason or the other.

I know youve got one but it seams that ECHOSTAR need to do a lot more work on this receiver to sort out the bugs.

F

fastback

I know the MS500 series were good receivers, but they had their problems as well. I had 3 of them before I got one that worked OK. I had problems with the dish going for walkies across the Clarke belt when the receiver was switched off and the Pace favourite of the Power supply blowing.

I have now had my Echostar for 10 months and have used Irdeto, Viacces and Astons cams in it. OK, I've had problems with it but it seems that nowadays, no new product is 100% perfect when it is released.

I still find the Echostar to be the most comprehensive receiver available for digital reception with the bonus of Analogue too. I have had experience of Nokia (9200 and 9602), Humax F1 and Manhatten 2500. Add the Ad3000 editor to your system and you've got a very comprehensive system.

One thing that has made my Echostar more reliable is to add a PC fan to the top of the case, connected to the 12v supply. Now I no longer suffer from cards melting or the case getting hot.

Regards

Fastback

claytonstarbar

Reaction score
Thanks Fastback for your reply, the unit has finally given up
& ive taken it bact to the shop for my third one which ill get tuesday i hope !!!

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
For those readers interested in specific ad000ip issues/problems there is a long-standing ad3000ip discussion board.

http://pub6.ezboard.com/bechostarad3000ip.html
It is Dutch, but includes many posts in English and a specific English-language forum.

2old

TBL

Richard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 with Triax 1.2 m motorised dish
My Location
Belgium
I quite agree with the original opinion of the AD3000.
It runs so hot that it's software get scrambled after a few hours. I had to update mine to software version 3 before it would work at all - this is a receiver that is only 3 weeks old !

However I have little doubt that this machine could be an absolute winner if Echostar ever get their act together.

Richard

claytonstarbar

Reaction score
The Echostar AD3000 could be a very good machine if they would just sort out the software, i had three of them but gave up & got a strong srt4375 it was £100 cheaper, yes the build quality of the Echostar is better but for £100 you could get another cam.

The only bad point about the Strong that i can see is the remote
is very cheap looking, but its very easy to setup.