AD3000IP and Integra IT640S

J

jojoe

I am returning my AD3000AP VA to the dealer. Fed up of the channel list and favourite list corruption as well as the system resets I go through. Just in the last week, the system reset itself 5 times.

Echostar while not explicitely recognising a software problem, advised me to send my receiver to Eurosat for repair. Eurosat now claims that they have 400 receivers to repair and that the waiting time can be up to 4 weeks. They would not offer a replacement saying that they are out of stock.

My dealer advised me to just return the Echostar unit and replace it with an Integra IT640S. The integra like the Echostar, has 2 CI slots, an integrated positioner and analogue/digital reception. What it does not have is embedded Viaccess and SECAM converter. I can live without Viaccess and I will add PAL/SECAM converter box.

Anybody heard anything about the Integra? Also does anybody have any other option close to the AD3000IP?

Thanks,
Jojoe.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
There's a Manhattan receiver with the same spec as the ad3000ipva
And have a look in Tele-Satellite international. The Dec/Jan issue now out carries ads for several others.

2old

J

jojoe

Got it, thanks. You probably mean the Manhattan DSR-2500-APCI. Reads better than the Integra.

Any experience with Manhattan anyone?

Thanks,
Nadim.

F

fastback

A colleague of mine has got a Manhatten and an Echostar! He prefers the Manhatten as it is easier to add channels and also extra satellites.

He has had problems with the Manhatten though. These problems include the east/west limits being reset, satellite positions being lost and a complete corruption of the receivers system files (Bios). This resulted in ALL his positions being lost. The decoding of encrypted channels seems to be quicker as well and the receiver allows the swapping of CAMS whilst still switched on. Something the Echostar doesn't seem to like.

BTW, I am an Echostar AD3000IP owner (now 10 months old) and have had some problems with the receiver, but I still prefer it to the Manhatten. A fan sitting above the power supply cured most problems I was experiencing. This is something that my colleague has added to his Manhatten as well. Since which time he hasn't had any problems with the receiver.

Why can't the manufacturers put sufficient cooling in these receivers!

Fastback

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
Hi all,
I have just bought an Echostar AD3000IP and I am still awaiting its arrival , this seems common practice to install cooling fans, are they just a pc chip fan that you have installed or have you sourced it from elsewhere? as I would like to complete this task as soon as mine arrives

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The sale of 3000IPs dwindleD quite a time ago, but just by coincidence I got one a week ago and it really doesnt run warm.

If its well ventilated (as per user manual conditions ) why do you think its worthwhile putting in a fan ?

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
mine should be ok then its in my conservatory and this time of year its bloody freezing (where should i put the antifreeze then) lol