AD3000ip Update

masam

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
echostar AD3000ip(non viacces)
winxp sp2
My Location
Libya
im using a non-viaccess ad3000ip echostar i had this reciver since .....dont remember maybe 1998 or somthing close ...last few years there was a problem that lots of channels dont show up when performing a search..(old TP database) i need to edot each TP for channels i need ,so 6months ago i went to a settlite shop and asked him if he could update it for me he said yes but he said as well that the internal memory is small and might need to change it so i said ok no problem and when i got the reciver back it was updated to vir 700 and much better but after 10mins without changing the channel a missallignment between sound and pictur occurs .

i buoght a serial cable (not sure if its zero-cable (the shop said it is used for starsat recivers updating)) and downloaded the echostar pc software (Echoloader) and the 1100 bin file and followed the steps in text and every thing but the upload doesnt want to start.

note that im anoob in recievers updating...i tried to upload before doing any software update or reset ...plz help

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
You require a null modem cable, ensure that you have the correctly wired cable.

masam

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
winxp sp2
My Location
Libya
is there any way to check the cable i have like using a multimeter by checking the resistence thruogh the two ends ...edit* found the crosses required of the null cable

masam

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
winxp sp2
My Location
Libya
yep i think this is my problem i got these crosses

1-1 2-3 3-2 4-4 5-5 6-6 7-7 8-8 9-9 where the crosses supposes to be:
2-3 3-2 4-6 5-5 6-4 7-8 8-7

confirm or correct me if im wrong caz ill go for personal fix....

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West

masam

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
winxp sp2
My Location
Libya
lol thanks but the problem is that theses things here in libya only the sattelite shops keep for them selfes and i have all the equipment needed to do the fix...(i actually fixed it and its working now thanks for the hint)>