Just Sharing This Adapting a Prodelin poloriser.

John

John

Enthusiast.
My Satellite Setup
Elite 2.2 PF - CM1.8 - CM1.2 - Gibertini 1.25.
Ku - Ka -C & Ext C.
PC cards-TM5402 receivers.
Promax FSM.
My Location
North Nottinghamshire.
Heavy rain at the moment (Sunday) so no outdoor work today but the forecast for the next three days or so is rain free.
Here's a few pics of the lnb to servo motor bracket during construction.
..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Adapting a Prodelin poloriser._1064136 Adapting a Prodelin poloriser._1064136 Adapting a Prodelin poloriser._1064136 Adapting a Prodelin poloriser._1064136

John

John

Enthusiast.
My Satellite Setup
Ku - Ka -C & Ext C.
Promax FSM.
My Location
North Nottinghamshire.
Heavy rain at the moment (Sunday) so no outdoor work today but the forecast for the next three days or so is rain free.
Here's a few pics of the lnb to servo motor bracket during construction.
..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

View attachment 121443 View attachment 121444 View attachment 121445 View attachment 121446

... Iv'e used a 15Kg/cm torque on my AV-Comm barrel due to using a better needle roller bearing - due to the added weight of the lnb flange assembly and the not so good bearing drag iv'e upgraded to a 35Kg/cm unit to rotate the device.
..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Adapting a Prodelin poloriser._1064152 Adapting a Prodelin poloriser._1064152

John

John

Enthusiast.
My Satellite Setup
Ku - Ka -C & Ext C.
Promax FSM.
My Location
North Nottinghamshire.
To finalise - Motorised Prodelin poloriser project now finished and working very well. Due to better matching of the feed to lnb and also the really well made and finished Prodelin poloriser it has gained just over 1 dB across the normal range 3.6 to 4.2 GHz but has gained at least 1.5dB on the 4.5 to 4.8 GHz section of the band which is a real bonus for me with this Elite 2.2 at these extended frequencies.
So, pics of servo bracket made, strip down of the AV-Comm barrel install, Poloriser alignment paying great detail to accurate positioning, temp rain cover made from an empty ice cream container ( i did say this was a cheap and cheerful build) & finally the finished article back on the dish. Final final scalar plate tweak to do another day to get the final final sweet spot using the analyser. All exposed and even non directly exposed parts given two coats of plastic sealer spray for added weather protection.
........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Adapting a Prodelin poloriser._1064360 Adapting a Prodelin poloriser._1064360 Adapting a Prodelin poloriser._1064360 Adapting a Prodelin poloriser._1064360 Adapting a Prodelin poloriser._1064360 Adapting a Prodelin poloriser._1064360

Last edited:
Channel Hopper

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK South
From the Prodelin charts for prime focus receive only antennas, it mentions part number 0800-3763 however is not clear if this includes the feed as well. 0800 prefixes would normally be an assembly rather than an individual component.
From memory the circular and linear feedhorns are different for the 1252-1374 models and so the manfacturer constructs the complete antenna based on the order, with the feed/polariser assembly complete in one box.

John

John

Enthusiast.
My Satellite Setup
Ku - Ka -C & Ext C.
Promax FSM.
My Location
North Nottinghamshire.
@ otokoc , iv'e been out all afternoon but yes thats the unit i had off ebay that Channel Hopper has posted. The actual lnb flange is specifically machined to fit the actual polorizer section and is of very high quality and it has a CPR-229 to lnb coupling.
The only other info i have is what it says on the box.
.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Adapting a Prodelin poloriser._1065226 Adapting a Prodelin poloriser._1065226

O

otokoc

My Satellite Setup
DM920HD
prodelin1244
My Location
turkey
ola john
ı am convert my prodelin tx port for rx port.this working but not good :(

Attachments

John

John

Enthusiast.
My Satellite Setup
Ku - Ka -C & Ext C.
Promax FSM.
My Location
North Nottinghamshire.
ola john
ı am convert my prodelin tx port for rx port.this working but not good :(

Ok, keep us informed. We have to experiment just to satisfy our curiosity :Y

Channel Hopper

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK South
The 229 interface has a different frequency response curve to the 137 side, which is tuned for a centre frequency around 6 GHz from memory, the 229 is centred at about 3.8GHz.

John

John

Enthusiast.
My Satellite Setup
Ku - Ka -C & Ext C.
Promax FSM.
My Location
North Nottinghamshire.
.... my search for a Chaparral C-band scalar plate has been fulfilled due to a generous F.O.C donation of a brand new one from Feedsat DXer :Y.
Iv'e further fabricated a new feed front end using a bit of 6mm thick ali plate i had, yet to be fitted. I have a VE4MA (Kumar) type scalar that i will do some experimentation with on the 2.2 Elite PF when the outside working conditions get a little bit more friendly.
............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Adapting a Prodelin poloriser._1065830 Adapting a Prodelin poloriser._1065830 Adapting a Prodelin poloriser._1065830 Adapting a Prodelin poloriser._1065830 Adapting a Prodelin poloriser._1065830 Adapting a Prodelin poloriser._1065830