Add Channels to Other Channels function

CaptainGlassback

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Am using an old Pace with old card (not subscribing) that opens Ch4 and 5. A week or so ago i noticed that the long list of channels that I have over the years accumulated via 'add channels', such as radio Caroline and all ITVs have gone from the 'Other Channels'. First question is from memory you have a list of potential add channels in this great site but i can't see it now. Secondly, when i go 'system setup'...'add channels' and enter, for example the caroline frequency i get, after about 20 seconds. 'No signal found'. Bizarre as i am getting all EPG clear channels through a 1M dish and Sharp 0.3! Might it be something to do with the current sky downloads?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
What frequency are you putting in for Caroline?

CaptainGlassback

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi Rolf. Used the one off the Caroline site and the one off Lyng. Actually they are the same....just one digit different! Tried both anyway. Actually that doesn't answer your question! But i did then add same transponder to my Echostar (non sly box) and found Caroline there. Perhaps its a hardware issue?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Tried searching on my Sky+ and found it and the other channels on that transponder fine 11389 V 27500 2/3.

Are the channels like The Dating Channel working via the EPG?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Very strange, no real help to offer I'm afraid, can't think why it would be working through the EPG, but not finding in add channels.

BadWithComputer

The Local Drunkard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
30MB ADSL ONO, Spain
32" Internet connected TV
Many Satellite Dishes.
Humax HD Freesat Box
My Location
Spain
A good way to keep your other channels stored (A little off topic, but slightly related) is to remove the adult channels so you have to type in the pin when you want the other channels. This has kept up to 30 at once permanently for me, even during upgrade! Also radio caroline and the other frequencys work fine here. All have a signal.

CaptainGlassback

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanks Rolf. I'm baffled too. I'll blow dust of another slybox and try that. If ever i resolve issue I'll come back and post here in case anyone else gets same. Guess it must be a fault.

CaptainGlassback

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Just to bring situation up to date in case others have problem.....the facility is now back working. I had hoped it was something to do with Sly updating their epgs or whatever. I think that was probably the case.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Strange, certainly sounds that way. :)