Add satellite position to Humax?

S

steford1

I have a Humax 5500 and would like to add 12.5W to the satellite line up. I
currently have 11W and 15W in there (amongst others) on LNB 12 and 13 at
positions 10 and 25 respectively. I have no idea what these numbers mean to
the Humax and no idea how I can simply insert the 12.5W posiiton between
these two? Can anyone help? I am using Diseqc1.2 with a STAB mount - original lineup came from a downloaded settings file which I uploaded to the box.

Thanks.

S

steford1

You sure this is Ok with the latest official firmware on the 5500? Refers to positions in the ToH 3.0 firmware in the readme. Thanks.

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
If your not sure, wait for T24 to come on line and ask him.

As you can see by his section...he is very good at this type of thing.

S

steford1

OK hopefully he'll pick up on this thread. I find it quite amazing that I can't simply add a satellite and a position in the receiver setup menus and get the dish to go there. My Hyundai had no problem with that. The random numbering of positions and LNBs is very confusing.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The 5400 has such a system, allocate a satellite name to an antenna and LNB setting, point the dish in the approximate position and scan/store.

I dont know how the 5500 differs from this, especially if it can accept TOH firmware.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Gotta say that is one of the aspects of the Humax that I find unattractive. Whenever a provider has a reshuffle, the Humax forums are always full of people unable to see the new channels, the other receiver forums no such problem.

S

steford1

Yes on reading the manual again I see I have to whack in a known frequency on a vacant sat position, move thedish manually until I see something and store that. Crazy when I could just type in the position on the Hyundai and it would go there. Still it shouldn't be too hard in this case as I can go quite easily from 11W to 12.5W but I wouldn't fancy finding say 42E by this method.