Add spdif output to Pace 2600C1 ?

fmak

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.7m diah invacom 031 quad lnb pansonic 30 and Pace 460 boxes
My Location
Cyprus
Has anyone added an spdif output to the Pace 2600. The sound coming out of the Sony CXA 2161R chip is AWEFUL and tapping into the AK4351VT DAC analog output is a BIG improvement.

Question is, where is the MPEG decoder chip? Can't find it anywhere to see if a spdif digital output is possible. Underneath??

The sound in the 430 can be improved very consdierably by changing the output capacitors from an industrial to an audio type.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

fmak

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.7m diah invacom 031 quad lnb pansonic 30 and Pace 460 boxes
My Location
Cyprus
fmak said:
Has anyone added an spdif output to the Pace 2600. The sound coming out of the Sony CXA 2161R chip is AWEFUL and tapping into the AK4351VT DAC analog output is a BIG improvement.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I have now dramatically improved the sound on 3 digiboxes, the Pace 2600 by tapping the output of the dac (the sound from the phonos is dire!), the Sony 750 by tapping the CS4922 for analog and digital electrical outputs for improved quality, and the Pace 430 by changing the output capacitors to the phonos. This latest Pace box has an obsolete STi MPEG decoder on which there is no usable information, and so cannot be improved like the others yet.

If you are in Europe and want high quality UK radio, this is the way to go.:) :) :)