Adding a receiver

dynamo985

Reaction score
I understand that if i want to add a receiver i need to get a dual output lnb. but my current setup is a 1m dish with a basic gbsat 2ci0 and an ART card at the moment and i wanna put a nice big ass dreambox in my room and connect it to the dish mainly for me to play with :p

So if i put this in, who controls the dish, or is there a way that we can watch different channels, also what are the limits on this - same transponder, same satellite or anything at all, btw my dish is motorised disceq 1.2

cheers guys

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
dynamo985 said:
I understand that if i want to add a receiver i need to get a dual output lnb. but my current setup is a 1m dish with a basic gbsat 2ci0 and an ART card at the moment and i wanna put a nice big ass dreambox in my room and connect it to the dish mainly for me to play with :p

So if i put this in, who controls the dish, or is there a way that we can watch different channels, also what are the limits on this - same transponder, same satellite or anything at all, btw my dish is motorised disceq 1.2

cheers guys
hi dynamo
You can only control the dish from one receiver - leave it to your gbsat at present until you get to know the Dreambox.
You can watch different channels on either box, but only on the satellite you are pointed at.

Llew

dynamo985

Reaction score
ok that seems ok if i can watch any channel on the satellite its pointing at