adjusting a Spectralook

billbaio

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VIEWSAT EXTREME, NEUSAT6000 REALVIEW 240 cm center focus
My Location
Paso Ancho, Chiriqui Panama
I just got a Spectralook analyzer and have read everything I can find on it including the stuff posted on the fanatic site by Google Translation. Smallear is where I got it, but they weren't able to offer much in the way of adjusting the thing.

I did some rooting around inside the unit and I've posted pictures to show what I think I have found out. I want to use this thing to align a 240 cm center focus dish by Realview ( similar specs to a Fortec Star 240 cm C/KU). I live in the Republic of Panama at 8* 48.9' N 82* 36.6' W. So far I've tried a Birdog meter, but I'm not having any success in locking in a signal. I have two FTA boxes, Vewsat Extreme and Neusat 6000. Lnbs are a Universal ku single, Samtech 17*k C band, Invatech QPH 031, DMS BSC621-2 C band / KU band combo.

Any advice would be appreciated.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
As far as i know, there are no user adjustable settings, what you see is what you get. The controls you point out are not really designed for end user adjustment.

billbaio

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
You are right, Rolf. The 4 pots are on the inside and not ment to be adjusted all the time. There is, however, mention of adusting the bandwidth ? to provide a better display of the peaks? which is cited on several websites. The problem is that the instructions are somewhat cryptic or when translated from the original language loose the meaning. I was hoping I might find someone familiar enough with Spectralook to give clear instructions on how this might be done,

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You could try Emailing support at emitor.se, you never know, they may be prepared to help.

I have had one here to try out, but didn't have it for long enough to play with the settings, as it was for another member. :)

billbaio

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Well, I gave it a shot. So we shall see if Emitor will step up to the plate.

Orthoclipse

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Various
This diagram is from the NZ Satfacts magazine. It warns that you adjust the pots at your own risk.