adjusting dish

teide_ian

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Home-Amstrad Sky Digi-box on 60cm dish. Bar - Pace Sky English Digi-box and Grundig Sky Eire Digi-box linked to a 2.4m Channel master dish with a single dual output LNB. Digibox for ART network on 90cm dish. Digibox for Digitalalb subscription. Di
My Location
Canary Islands
Hi all,
Was just wanting comfirming. I rung a sat engineer up before, and asked him could i adjust my dish slightly to be able to get racing uk.
As at moment is there but pixelling.
He said to do this i would be able to get racing uk but would lose bbc and rte channels.
Is this right or is there anyway to keep rte or bbc, as well as getting racing uk as only really need rte for day time use i.e epl sat.

Thanks in advance.

enoc

What?
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.0 m OffSet dish - Astra II
1.2 m Offset dish - Astra & Hot Bird
0.60 mts Hispasat
0.60 mts Nilesat

Box Kaon 570 & Pace 2600
My Location
Tenerife - Canary Islands
its true.

only if you use a 3.10 prime focus dish you can see all together (bbc+rte+racing uk)

channel master is toooo small dish now :-(

teide_ian

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Home-Amstrad Sky Digi-box on 60cm dish. Bar - Pace Sky English Digi-box and Grundig Sky Eire Digi-box linked to a 2.4m Channel master dish with a single dual output LNB. Digibox for ART network on 90cm dish. Digibox for Digitalalb subscription. Di
My Location
Canary Islands
If i re align then would racing uk be perfect and am i right in thinking it is transmitted through eurobird.
Also would it interfere with say my setanta ireland or would it just be bbc/rte only effected.
thanks for previous response.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Yes, Racing UK is transmitted by the Eurobird-1 sat, which sits at 28.5E.
See
here

The Astra-2 cluster transmitting most of Sky's stuff (including Beeb) is at 28.2E. These are so close that you really ought not to have any problem picking them up from a single fixed dish. If you do, try a larger dish. Theoretically that will only work to a point though, since a very large dish will have a very "sharp focus" (will only see a smaller area of the sky - rather like a more powerful telescope). You might then consider 2 dishes, or a steerable dish. I really doubt you should find this necessary though. My own 1.3m dish when parked at 28.2E will pull in Eurobird too, without problems.

2old

benidormgary

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sigh-only Sky for now-Im back in the UK.......
My Location
Blackpool(Ex-Benidorm and Paignton)
2old4this said:
My own 1.3m dish when parked at 28.2E will pull in Eurobird too, without problems.
2old

Irrelevent,and not really helpful,as we dont know your location.:confused

enoc

What?
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.0 m OffSet dish - Astra II
1.2 m Offset dish - Astra & Hot Bird
0.60 mts Hispasat
0.60 mts Nilesat

Box Kaon 570 & Pace 2600
My Location
Tenerife - Canary Islands
teide_ian said:
Also would it interfere with say my setanta ireland or would it just be bbc/rte only effected.
thanks for previous response.

i am not sere 100%......Setanta sport, we can pick up in canary isl whit just 1 meter dish......but not sure about setante ireland.....

hope someone will have more info......

teide_ian

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Canary Islands
Thanks for replies.
I had an engineer who is a friend out today and got him to adjust the dish.
racing uk is now perfect and also the rte is still there perfect in the day anyway because have not checked it in the night yet.
Setanta ireland is there as well so quite surprised at the results.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
benidormgary said:
Irrelevent,and not really helpful,as we dont know your location.:confused

I'll ignore your rudeness. The point I was making, which is precisely relevant to the question asked (read it) is that even a fairly large dish will see enough of the sky to pull in these essentially co-located satellites from a correctly aligned dish. And that has nothing to do with one's location.

2old

benidormgary

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sigh-only Sky for now-Im back in the UK.......
My Location
Blackpool(Ex-Benidorm and Paignton)
2old4this said:
I'll ignore your rudeness. The point I was making, which is precisely relevant to the question asked (read it) is that even a fairly large dish will see enough of the sky to pull in these essentially co-located satellites from a correctly aligned dish. And that has nothing to do with one's location.
2old

Sorry if my comments seem rude,they certainly werent meant to be-only stating the obvious!.How can anyone take your comments seriously,taken that your profile states that you live in"cloud cuckoo land"?.You havent even got any equipment or system included in your profile.They are not exactly state secrets, are they?-and such info. is valuable to other members. As for receiving co-located satellites,yes, it is relativly easy with small dishes,but the bigger the dish,the harder it is to achieve,and I suspect that this thread is generally about VERY large dishes!.

thomasbukky

thomasbukky
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Techonomate 1500C1+
Monoblock LNB, 110cm Dish,
My Location
Essex UK
Hi All,
I am new to this forum, however, my satelite hobby started last year, when I visited Holland to see my freind. I was amazed to see number of channels which he was receiving. When I got back to England I started to get setup satelite gears that Inclde 1.10c dish, 1500Ci+ technnomate, motorised disqete1.2, and 2.0 Monoblock LBN. However, system setup unable to receive channel which was scan on the system, its coming up with "NO OR BAD SIGNAL" I notice that the signal is very high nber 89% while the quality is about 5%. I also notice in the scan channels there are some Dolar sign which i was told its scramble channel i need cams or patch to receive this. Please is there somebody out there who can get me going, because my enthuasim for this hobby is getting weak. Many thanks in advance to contributor.:confused :confused

dxsat

Reaction score
Website
skyinmadrid.com
My Satellite Setup
Snap's setup: (In Spain) Humax HDR, Prodelin 1.8m dish + Invacom QDF-031 + CM feed, (In UK) CallFlow VDSL + EE 4G, Sky Q, YouView HD, Mac OSX, iOS
My Location
UK: Tonbridge, Kent. Spain: Madrid.
teide_ian,
You don't tell us which LNB you have.
You should have an Invacom Quad QDF 031 with ChannelMaster feed on your 2.4 ChannelMaster offset.
Anything else will be giving inferior performance.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
benidormgary said:
Sorry if my comments seem rude,they certainly werent meant to be-only stating the obvious!.How can anyone take your comments seriously,taken that your profile states that you live in"cloud cuckoo land"?.You havent even got any equipment or system included in your profile.They are not exactly state secrets, are they?-and such info. is valuable to other members. As for receiving co-located satellites,yes, it is relativly easy with small dishes,but the bigger the dish,the harder it is to achieve,and I suspect that this thread is generally about VERY large dishes!.

Ah, I see. So it was my profile then. Nothing to do with you not having read or understood the post. Just my profile. Shame on me. By the way, if you want any more cuckoos, let me know. :p