Adt Pixx 3500

silvernet

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
UK
Just a quick update and hopefully some help for the benefit of others.

OK, I managed to get a Null Modem Cable. I noted that my Pixx 3500 had the latest software 1.18 already loaded. ( not compatible with MR).

So I downloaded the older version 1.17 and EUREKA, it now works with my Matrix Reloaded. :-righton

So a big thanks to all of you great guys on here for all of your help.

Best Wishes

silvernet

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Just goes to show Silvernet, new is not always best. :) Perhaps you would add this to the MR/Receiver thread.

Cheers

silvernet

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
UK
Thanks Rolfw,

Yes, whatever works eh?

Anyway, i'm a happy bunny now thanks to the help I got here........... :) :-righton

I have listed the ADT PIXX 3500 in the MR Section, as suggested.

Best

silvernet

D

dino

Hi ,Silvernet
Just to let you know have same probleme as you,i'm trying something,if it works i let you know.
good luck

dino

D

dino

hi silvernet i was looking for version 1.17 please where did you find it?

many thinks

silvernet

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
UK
On the Dutch Suppliers Website, but it is only available in Dutch, if you use the English version, it is different software, but no worries, I have now tried 1.18, the latest version again and it works ok with a Matrix now, 1.18 is available on the English Language Version and also I believe at the ADT Website.

Let me know if you are stuck.

Silvernet

agent003

Reaction score
Hi...any of you guys know where i can find the power supply board (the complete board that goes on the side) for a PIXX 3500?

Any info and help on this would be apreciated...Many thanks

BR

garybiker

Reaction score
iv got the pixx adt 3500 satallite reciever and need a manual anyone got it in pdf format plus i am gonna update my reciever by the rs232 with the ugrade from http://www.elbenk.nl/pixx.html will it work in english the english site link is still dead

leecovuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Duo; 2 dishes; Astra1+2 and Hotbird, Hispasat; external DiSEqC switch.
My Location
Midlands, UK
Hello everyone,

I've recently bought the PIXX 3500 from the previous person in this thread )(-red !!

The trouble I seem to be having is that the frequencies and transponders show little or no similarity to what is actually available, as shown on lyngsat's charts.
The full picture of my problem is on this thread:
http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=37904

I don't know if this is of any use :
There is a 'detail scan' function in the search menu but I have no understanding of what the functions do or mean.
The detail scan options are:

RF Frequency
--RF Frequency
Symbol rate 1
Symbol rate 2
Symbol rate 3
Symbol rate 4

Thanks for any help here or on the other thread.
Lee

alfarabi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hotbird on pixx3500
My Location
france
HI,

Sorry, my english is very bad. Well, i'm looking for the sofware 1.17p for my pixx3500 receiver because it does'nt work with matrix cam. Elbenk can't provide it now. But i'm sure someone 's got it behind his mattress.

A lot of thanks!!

Alfa

leecovuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Duo; 2 dishes; Astra1+2 and Hotbird, Hispasat; external DiSEqC switch.
My Location
Midlands, UK
I don't think I can help you, but good to hear there's someone else out there like me using a PIXX 3500 !

I have a 3500B with apparently the last software which is 1.18p

I still haven't dared to buy a CAM for fear it just won't work in my pixx when I get it.
However, I had some recent emails with sales@elbenk.nl and, in case it's of any help to you, the sales person said:

As this box is not in production anymore for some years there 's no sw upgrade anymore to expect. Any Irdeto Eurocam or Viaccess red label cam will work. Also Viaccess2 and Irdeto2.

The last sw upgrade you have was for the Magic CAM. After that the manufacturers got crazy about all the new CAM 's introduced.
They than started with new models called the REX which have all these features already build in.
See: http://www.rexfile.net/

General question for anyone who knows:
Am I right in thinking a new Magic Cam will never work 'out of the box'? ie I have to load it, or something? My reading around recently implied this which totally put me off buying one, for fear I would have no idea how to do it or with what.

Also, presumably if I did buy any cam at all, I should make sure it is a new one which hasn't been modified in any way? I'm concerned here about compatibility with my fairly old pixx, if there is such an issue.

thanks for anything,
lee