Adt Pixx 3500

silvernet

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
UK
I know I saw an update for the software for my ADT Pixx 3500 on a forum somewhere, but I cannot find it now.

The ADT site is full of dead links.

My receiver works a treat but although it recognises my Matrix Reloaded Cam, it will not open any channels, the MM is fine in my Kaon Receiver

My request is; any help or advice please, will newer software cure the MM problem ?

Thanks

silvernet ... :)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

silvernet

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
UK
rolfw said:
Try here Silvernet, may have the software you need. http://www.elbenk.nl/english/pixx.html

Thanks for that rolfw, I had already been there, dead links i'm afraid, and at the ADT Website same..

i'm so frustrated, because i know for sure I have seen a working link somewhere.

Anyway, again, many thanks for your help.

Regards
silvernet

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I would send them an E-mail Silvernet, they will probably send it to you.

Failing that, go straight to the manufacturers jslee@adtsat.com

silvernet

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
UK
You are a star rolfw, thanks, but I had already done that as well, many times without a reply !

Oh well, hopefully someone will see this thread and have the answer..

Again, a million thanks for your help.

Regards

silvernet

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Oh well, seems some manufacturers and retailers aren't too smart, they don't realise that a lack of support on past sales will prejudice their future performance. Dead links are inexcusable, as they are more frustrating than having no links. :-bash

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Of you look at the ADT site using the Korean language option , you will see the range of receivers is larger but has the additional 10 in the model no, ie 3500 becomes 3510

The main contact detail of the software department is
S/W Development Dept : sspark@adtsat.com
and he/she may be the best person to contact

silvernet

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
UK
Thanks again rolfw and Channel Hopper,

rolfw, I agree, tis a shame, because its a good receiver other than it is not compatible with Matrix Reloaded.

Channel Hopper,

Many thanks for that, I did in fact send an e mail to that addy about 2 weeks ago...no reply.

The moral of this story must be, if a receiver isn't supported....avoid, I will in future.

Again Thanks

silvernet

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Ah, looks like the webmaster needs sacking, this is the link that should be active on the English version. :)

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Maybe there are no UK distributors

Where did you get the 3500 from Silvernet ?

pilota

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I had a similiar problem about three months ago - I found the file on elbenk but it is not in the english version - go to Google/elbenk and load the dutch version - it is still there as I have just checked. It is a very simple upgrade - you do need a null modem cable. My MM works perfectly, but have not tried MR.
Good luck.............Pilota

silvernet

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
UK
Hi all,

A million thanks to all of you guys. Got the link to the Dutch Language part of that site and yes, it appears to be the correct software GREAT, now, next question, and excuse me if it sounds stupid...What is a " Null Modem " cable? How is it different to a standard Serial Cable and how can I find out if the one I have is a Null type..??

I got the ADT Pixx 3500 from E Bay, brand new and with a fitted / bonded UK 13a plug, so they must have been UK designated.

Cheers

silvernet :)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Most computer shops will carry a nulmodem cable Silvernet (possibly not PC World), it is a female to female serial cable.

pilota

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi Silvernet
Got my deco from same source for use a 2nd deco in Spain. Works OK and is easy to use but picture quality is disappointing compared to my Humax. If you find the answer to that please let me know. Still good value for money.

Regards...............Pilota

silvernet

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
UK
Thanks again for the help, I do have a Serial 9 pin cable that is actually a Male to Female, and I have added a gender changer to one end to make it Female to Female.

I took a look at the link ( thanks Channel hopper ) but I am even more confused now :)

Wouldn't it be nice if Sat Receivers had USB Sockets.. O-Ha

I think I will try my existing cable and if it doesn't work go down to my local Comp Shop and see if he can help, I have my doubts though.

I wish I was a "nerd"... O-no

Thanks again all of you guys.

silvernet

silvernet

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
UK
pilota said:
Hi Silvernet
Got my deco from same source for use a 2nd deco in Spain. Works OK and is easy to use but picture quality is disappointing compared to my Humax. If you find the answer to that please let me know. Still good value for money.

Regards...............Pilota

Hi Pilota,

Thats uncanny, so did I, in fact I took it to Spain, got my Matrix Reloaded in Spain, tried it in the Pixx 3500...no luck, so brought it back to UK to sort. The picture quality on my Pixx 3500 is superb on clear channels .. sorry, sounds like yours has problems. I purchased a Kaon 570 in Spain, fantastic receiver, perfect with the Matrix R.

Regards silvernet

pilota

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi Silvernet
That was the first thing I tried - it said connection failed. I borrowed a cable from a friend - his simple explation of it was 'it twists in the middle'. I still have it - where are you located.
Regards..................Pilota