Adult channels - starting from scratch

DumbQuestion

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
First time buyer
My Location
London
Hi, currently I have Sky+
I wanna get access to some pay-view hardcore adult channels.

I've done a bit of research, and tihnk i get the gist of the necessary kit but have a few newbie questions - would be grateful for any help (some are more esoteric than others!)

a) OK, obvious one first, but think I know the answer (NO!) - can i get any ppv hardcore channels on my sky digibox if i get a new dish, point at Hotbird and buy a card? furthermore, if yes, could I still get regular sky by pointing a second LNB at Astra?

:cool: Given NO! above, I need to get a second dish and decoder to get mature content alongside my existing sky subscription. So, from my research Hotbird 13 seems favorite - but how do I justify this to my g/f??? Are there any satellites showing ppv mature content that also show movies in English, or something to 'sell' to my g/f? Basically is these a way to get at the mature content without putting up a sign saying 'I am getting mature content'???

c) OK, so given NO! again, I'm wearing the sign saying 'I'm getting mature content', and I've squared it with the g/f somehow, what channels should i go for? The full x tv package looks good to me.

Thats it for now. Thanks in advance

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
:-Welcome1

If you want adult channels then Hotbird has a lot of PPV packages. It also has a lot of free-to-view channels.

You would be better setting up another dish and a receiver with a CAM and buying a card for the package you want (check the banners at the top). I don't know of any adult movie and non adult movie cards unless you can get a multivision/tps card.

Or you could take a chance and get a receiver that can be patched to get some adult and movie channels - but that cannot be guaranteed to work for long.

All these cost money - if you want more advice just ask.

DumbQuestion

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
First time buyer
My Location
London
Thanks Gameboy. If I have to get a second system, any way of dressing it up at all? e.g. can one dish service both new receiver and existing digibox? Can you get receivers with other functions e.g. hard drive MP3 server?

Also, been looking at the http://www.full-x.tv/ site, and the neotion box seems the easiest way to get started. Is this a rubbish box? If full x ceases to be, is the box otherwise useless?

Happy to pay a bit of money - say £300 setup, and £100 subscription. If starting from scratch whats the advice?

MattJ

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Digibox, Technomate 5500, Humax CR-5510 and Comag Porty 2
Dragon CAM
45/80cm mesh dishes, 35cm solid dish, Triax TD110
My Location
North-West England
DumbQuestion said:
Hi, currently I have Sky+
I wanna get access to some pay-view hardcore adult channels.

I've done a bit of research, and tihnk i get the gist of the necessary kit but have a few newbie questions - would be grateful for any help (some are more esoteric than others!)

a) OK, obvious one first, but think I know the answer (NO!) - can i get any ppv hardcore channels on my sky digibox if i get a new dish, point at Hotbird and buy a card? furthermore, if yes, could I still get regular sky by pointing a second LNB at Astra?

:cool: Given NO! above, I need to get a second dish and decoder to get mature content alongside my existing sky subscription. So, from my research Hotbird 13 seems favorite - but how do I justify this to my g/f??? Are there any satellites showing ppv mature content that also show movies in English, or something to 'sell' to my g/f? Basically is these a way to get at the mature content without putting up a sign saying 'I am getting mature content'???

c) OK, so given NO! again, I'm wearing the sign saying 'I'm getting mature content', and I've squared it with the g/f somehow, what channels should i go for? The full x tv package looks good to me.

Thats it for now. Thanks in advance

I'd say that your best bet would be DigitAlb from 16E (see sattveurope.com/index.php?id=2,5,0,0,1,0 for more in-depth info).

DigitAlb will offer you the following channels for £80 (6 month subscirption)

Digi Premiere (latest movies - even before Sky Box Officve shows them)
DigitAlb 5 & 6 (movies & football)
DigitAlb 7 & 8 (movies, football & mature content between 10.45pm & 4.00am)
Channel X (24 hour mature content channel)

You'd also need a Conax CAM (around £40)

Bear in mind that with this package however, you may need a bigger dish than you would for hotbird, depending on your location.

This would be ideal for your excuse - the latest movies & live Prem. footie, and it has a good selection of mature content too.

However, if you just want mature content then this may not be right for you.

Regards
MattJ

DumbQuestion

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
First time buyer
My Location
London
Thanks Matt - is this the same Channel X as on Sky i.e v.v. soft?

MattJ

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dragon CAM
My Location
North-West England
DumbQuestion said:
Thanks Matt - is this the same Channel X as on Sky i.e v.v. soft?
Nope, its not the same at all, its apparently hardcore, and 24/7.

DumbQuestion

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
First time buyer
My Location
London
Cool - great answer btw sounds like a winner. Can sell it on the films and footy option. Flicking thru What Sat and Digital TV, and it has all these channels listed as 'Albanian' language. I don't mind the footy in foreign, but surely the films are in English? Subtitles?

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
DumbQuestion said:
If I have to get a second system, any way of dressing it up at all?

You can use the bigger dish for S*y and Hotbird using two LNBs.

It's a lot of money if you're good on computers and willing to spend some time learning you could consider a Dreambox - check out that forum.

Again no guarantees, but lots of fun, and will open up a world of satellite channels.

Best to have a broadband connection and a good PC.

MattJ

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dragon CAM
My Location
North-West England
DumbQuestion said:
Cool - great answer btw sounds like a winner. Can sell it on the films and footy option. Flicking thru What Sat and Digital TV, and it has all these channels listed as 'Albanian' language. I don't mind the footy in foreign, but surely the films are in English? Subtitles?
The movies do have Albainian subtitles on them, which aren't removable, but they are avalible in English language.
English Premiership matches also have an English soundtrack option.

DumbQuestion

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
First time buyer
My Location
London
OK - apologies to all - my triple question intro has resulted in two threads - and I wanna follow both!! Lets continue in here wiht gameboy (he was here first!!), and I'll start a new thread re DigitAlb for Matt (well, for me really, but you know what I mean!).

So continuing...

so Gameboy - I can get a bigger dish with two LNBs (would I need three for my Sky+), and run two (three?) wires into two boxes - my S*y digibox and a new receiver geared up for some adult channels on hotbird. Then I can string a line about better reception or something (more channels??) on S*y as justification for the new dish. Another excuse required for the second box, but can work on that. Is that rgiht?

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
DumbQuestion said:
I'll start a new thread re DigitAlb for Matt

Sorry deleted - can we stick to one as it gets confusing - thanks

DumbQuestion

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
First time buyer
My Location
London
.err, my new thread seems to have disappeared. Have I broken the rules? I was trying to comply with one thread one topic.Sorry!

DumbQuestion

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
First time buyer
My Location
London
OK, sorry. What size dish would I need to service the two receivers?

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
DumbQuestion said:
I can get a bigger dish with two LNBs (would I need three for my Sky+)

One of the LNBs (the S*y one) would have to be a duo (two outputs).

You can use any excuse you want - I want to introduce you to a load of channels not available on S*y not just adult.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
DumbQuestion said:
OK, sorry. What size dish would I need to service the two receivers?

In London an 80cm should be OK.

DumbQuestion

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
First time buyer
My Location
London
Ok - lets look at that then. What sort of extra channels could I get then? Sport and Movies would interest me. New channels form around the world less so

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
DumbQuestion said:
What sort of extra channels could I get then? Sport and Movies would interest me.

The two things that people are willing to pay for - I think you should do a bit more research - read some more threads here and decide the best set up.

You will get all the help you need here.

DumbQuestion

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
First time buyer
My Location
London
Ok, thanks for all your help. I'll do some more swatting up and come back with better questions!! Mind you, this is the Adult channels forum!!

Thanks,

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
DumbQuestion said:
Mind you, this is the Adult channels forum!!

No problem - you may get some other answers.

Keep posting...