Adult HD Satellite Channels

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Started to think about the possibility of any adult HD satellite channels to appear soon on any European package.
After doing a little bit of research, I am convinced now that this will not happen soon.
Perhaps I am mistaken, but I didn't find any such channels in the USA, not even a Playboy HD channel.
I read somewhere that for one HD channel, the provider need about six standard channels to get the bandwidth.
So we can continue to "enjoy" low quality adult channels for the time being.

DarkDeveloper

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m Hotbird + 90cm Nilesat dishes. Comag SL100HD CI/MVision MV-9085 USB Net receivers, Windows 7 WMC PC with Pinnacle PCTV 3010x + FloppyDTV
My Location
Middle East
Haven’t seen SexView HD, but I'm guessing that it (along with other providers) will just upscale their current (SD) back catalogue until such a time when HD material is plentiful (and cheap)....

This, of course, means that for SexView HD to maintain the same kind of quality as its sister SexView channels, it will start transmitting genuine HD material sometime in 2023 just as we’ve all moved to SDU-HD (Super Duper Ultra Hi Def) TV... ;-)

iTz Caligula

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
WF_90_Dreambox_8000
Dreambox_7000
ccCam_2.1.2_
FTW_LOL
My Location
Germany
Penthouse HD currently FTA since a few weeks on 9 east
soft/usa crap

info

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar
Gateway pc
My Location
london
Penthouse has 3 channels one of which is a promo. The price is horrendous £169 per annun

info

DarkDeveloper

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m Hotbird + 90cm Nilesat dishes. Comag SL100HD CI/MVision MV-9085 USB Net receivers, Windows 7 WMC PC with Pinnacle PCTV 3010x + FloppyDTV
My Location
Middle East
...plus, they don't even broadcast on Hotbird 13degrees...

info

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar
Gateway pc
My Location
london
Hi DarkDeveloper
If I mentioned Hotbird 13 in my email, sorry I made a mistake. I should have said Eurobird 9a 9 degrees East. Penthouse has 3 channels listed here, one of which is a promo channel. Subscription priced at £169 per annum. Astra 19.2 has one channel, subscription price unknown.

I have given up watching these Adult movie channels due to the low quality of the material broadcast. The public also get ripped off by the card dealers. They take a full years subscription up front from the punter who then only gets about 9 months viewing. The excuse being the encryption has been changed but your receiver cannot handle the new encryiption. If any member of satellites.co.uk wishes to subscribe to these channels I recommend TPS. In my experience they are the only company to charge and the punter gets a full years viewing for their money.

I have no connection with TPS, but I like to see the punter get a fair deal for his money.
info

info

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar
Gateway pc
My Location
london
It is very unlikely you will find any HD adult movie channels in the States. Playboy started a HD channel sometime back and it failed due to low subscription take up. Fox owned by Rupert Murdock( Sky in the UK) used this channel for a short time but had the same low subscription take up.
Both lost money.

Info

info

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar
Gateway pc
My Location
london
Cagula

I agree with your description of Penthouse being crap. But the so called mature content channels are evev worse. I think they are making two movies in one. A soft mature content movie being the main one and a second movie with just a soft touch of adult material to pass as a mature content movie. The material is the most overpriced crap in the history of adult movie making.

The so called adult material is an insult to a subscribers intelligence. The camera work, lighting, directing and editing is an abuse of a subscribers eyesight. Every scene is shot in wide angle from obscure camera angles on underlit sets using rapid editing and speeded up play back. The content is crap, typical American sexless gloss and dross. To gain an insight to what I have posted, if you play a dvd or tape in a vcr and press fast forward that is the quality of the picture they broadcast.

The camera men and editors between them have the attention span of a nit. If this material was broadcast in standard def you could not watch it, it is crap.

Info