adult viewing using irdeto cam on astra 2b?

2031edward

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Foxsat hd and technosat 5600ci
My Location
Merseyside
Hello, I recently purchased a humax foxsat hd receiver and irdeto cam for adult viewing. Shock horror (or being a moron and not bothering to check!) the foxsat hd (not hdr) has no cam/ci socket. Purchased a technosate 5600 on the cheap as it does have a CI slot and was wondering if anyone knew of any adult channels which i could use to test my iredto cam out on astra 2b (already have sky hd so i'll use the feed) before buying a motorised dish for browsing on hotbird. Any help would be great

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Hello

Welcome to the forum 2031edward

There are no Irdeto channels on 28.2/5 so the answer is no, in any case what card are you intending using?

2031edward

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Merseyside
too be honest none at present as I just wanted to check if the cam worked. For that matter if the actual receiver worked as well. I'm just about to swap the sky hd feed onto my technosat to have a play with it. Is there anything worth checking out that (not just adult i mean) ie film channels or sport etc. Also an you recommend which motorised dish to go for, either diseq or usals. I have a friend who installs sky dishes but the signal meters they use are "locked" to searching for the astra signal only. the reason for the previous question on which type of motorised dish was because of the following. Apparently one type only has to be pointed at the astra "2b (sky hd)" satellite and can search for the others after only being initially setup/aligned from that satellite. Just thought it may work out easier/heaper as I an't find anyone in the southport area who can install a motorised system. If you see my point? Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks Ed

2031edward

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Merseyside
Sorry for the spelling but as you probably have already guessed the "C" key is a little faulty.

2031edward

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Merseyside
Oh and forgot to say:- Thank you for the welcome.
Just trying to get my head around this site and how to use it. incase you didnt get the message here it is again.

Thanks topper.
too be honest none at present as I just wanted to check if the cam worked. For that matter if the actual receiver worked as well. I'm just about to swap the Sky hd feed onto my technosat to have a play with it. Is there anything worth checking out that (not just adult i mean) ie film channels or sport etc. Also an you recommend which motorised dish to go for, either diseq or usals. I have a friend who installs Sky dishes but the signal meters they use are "locked" to searching for the astra signal only. the reason for the previous question on which type of motorised dish was because of the following. Apparently one type only has to be pointed at the astra "2b ( Sky hd)" satellite and can search for the others after only being initially setup/aligned from that satellite. Just thought it may work out easier/heaper as I an't find anyone in the southport area who can install a motorised system. If you see my point? Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks Ed Reply Reply With Quote Thanks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8 Minutes Ago #4 2031edward
View Profile
View Forum Posts
View Blog Entries
View Articles

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join Date 12-10-2010
Location Merseyside
Posts 3

My System: Foxsat hd and technosat 5600ciSorry for the spelling but as you probably have already guessed the "C" key is a little faulty.