Advert for Videoguard Cam

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
http://www.olbort.at/ci.htm

Delivery date unknown, but at least there's a picture of it (or artists impression). :)

Rolf

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
Card says "N.D.S" and is alongside videoguard cam, what is nds white card? Do you think this cam will use standard multimac 2 goldcards and programmers or is it too early to tell? :) still its exciting if true but then ofcourse they will probably bring out video guard 2.
The european version of videoguard is hacked i understand, correct?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
As far as I can tell, the only use that the cam would have at the moment would be for using legitimate cards but in non-Sky equipment.

That in itself would be a step forward, particularly for those hobbyists and others who do not want to purchase a separate box, but wish to watch Sky channels. How the box tying feature can be overcome, is another question, as it may not even function in the CAM.

I believe that it's the American NDS system that is hacked, but to what extent I'm not sure.

rolf

nobbly

Reaction score
My Location
Not in UK
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 30-Jan-02 AT 10:09 AM (GMT)]Found this...
"Videoguard CAM prototype revealed
Conditional Access Module manufacturer SCM Microsystems has released the first prototype of a Videoguard CI CAM. The Videoguard encryption system is owned by Rupert Murdoch's NDS (News Data Systems), and is currently used by the UK's Sky Digital, Italy's Stream and Greece's telecommunication organization OTE. A release date for the CI CAM is currently unknown, although the availability is expected to be restricted to official Videoguard subscribers. Availability restriction of the CAM will prevent the piracy of Videoguard, which has yet to be commercially hacked. France's X-Sat and Germany's TechniSat both have an approved licence to produce receivers using integrated Videoguard. "
Taken from http://hyperion.spaceports.com/~server09/pages/satellites.html

And this:
Translated badly to english

It was from that it gets passionate you to it of tv via satellite of all Europe waited for it and finally here the announcement: the SCM, società specialized in the realization of modules US, has begun the production of the Cam Common Interface Videoguard di Nds (News Digital Systems). For hour the società "sfornato" only some prototype and the date of the commercialization è still be announced. These cam will allow the vision (with appropriate smart card) of some important pay tv European which: Stream (Italy), Sky Digital (United Kingdom) and Ote (Greece), even if remain to see if they will be compatible with all the pay tv listed.

It seems to be made by a company called SCM Microsystem’s see http://www.scmmicro.com/dvb/cam.html

nobbly :+

Dinu

Reaction score
As far as I know only the analogue version of the videoguard was hacked. The NDS system is verry complex and quite different from the clasical irdeto-seca suite. Yet there were roumours of "temporary" hacks of the system in Italy. The cam will simplify the hacking process a lot (and nothing is unhackable fortunately), but there is no way in telling how long it will take. Just look at the Conax situation where there is a comercial hack for allmost 2 years butt no public domain hack YET.