Advice for a novice on new set up please

Dragon45

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Stand alone Sky system. 1.0 motorised dish with 12 inch actuator, 0.3dB MTI LNB, TM1500 CI+ Super,
My Location
South Wales
Hi everyone. I am new to this wonderful site which is a great source of information.
I find myself in a dilema and need some advice.:confused
I have a ten year old 1.0 motorised dish, 12" Superking actuator,0.7db lnb and Uniden UST-881 positioner. All in working order as I have used sly digibox add channels to recieve 28.2E and 13.E but nothing else (not really suprising as I mounted the dish and I don't think it's exactly vertical. The feed arm is also slightly corroded at the bend but not beyond saving or should I replace it?).
I am considering purchasing either a Technomate 1500 CI+ or 7755 2VA 2CI.
Is it possible to use my existing dish with either of these receivers?
If so will I have to manually position the dish when I move from one bird to another?
Or will I need to purchase a V-box to convert the receiver Diseqc to 36v?
Or maybe because of it's age and corrosion I should consider replacing the dish with a Moteck SG2100A 1.2 Diseqc motor, 80cm dish and new 0.3dB lnb.
Should I try and mix my old dish with the new digital reciever or would it be better to start a fresh with a new system?
Any recommendations on reputable reasonable supplier?:D
Thanks!!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Don't downgrade from the 1m, just refurbish, realign and add a V-box, then you can run with any DiseqC receiver. :)

Dragon45

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Stand alone Sky system. 1.0 motorised dish with 12 inch actuator, 0.3dB MTI LNB, TM1500 CI+ Super,
My Location
South Wales
Rolfw
Many thanks for advice. Any idea for a supplier for replacement feed arm for my 1.0m L&H dish? (part number LHFA9702).
What lnb would you suggest?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well the Lnson heath dishes are now Triax, so whether the boom arms are similar.

Is it repairable?

Doe sthe LNB have a separate feedhorn?

stealthpirate

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super (upstairs), Phoenix Apollo MC (downstairs) both running off a cheapo 80cm dish with a twin output monoblock 13° & 19.2°. Sky+ (downstairs) piped 'round the house.
My Location
Yorkshire
Dragon45 said:
0.7db lnb!!!

Geeez, remember them, once gave 75 quid for a cambridge gold :-rofl2
I just bought some new gear and went with a TM1500 (Phoenix Apollo at first, consider this as it has OTA (over the air) updates, though both machines are mint), Cheapo 80cm dish, 0.3 LNB:rolleyes: (later swapped for twin output!) and a diseqc motor, compaired to my old motorised 1m dish & jack, it's the dogs (silent!) and easy to set up.