Advice For Purchase

jean70

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TO BUY
My Location
UK
Hi,
I want to buy a satellite receiver, for FTA in a first stage (and possibly more later)
I need help for choosing a good receiver (we already have a dish installed for Astra)
I found several models that seem interesting, in particular TECHNOMATE TM-1000D, TM-4100D and TM-1500CI+
Can someone explain me the difference between these models ?
Which one would you advice?
Other brands ?
Thank you for your help,
Jean

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Welcome to the forum Jean, there are loads of great receivers around at the moment, the Technomate 1500Ci is a very popular one though, with a potential for expansion, as it is flashable (software upgradable) to receive that little bit extra. ;)

If you are good with computers, then perhaps consider any one of the Dreambox range, in my opinion a step further forward. :)

Oily

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite=Motorized Triax 88cm&a DM800HD with 500gb hd.Vu+ Duo
My Location
Radcliffe
Check out Technomate's site Jean
http://www.technomate.com/home.php

I have a 1500CI+,it's my first sat reciever and i have to say it's great for a novice.
Might be worthwhile in looking into a motorised dish to get the best out of it:D

jean70

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TO BUY
My Location
UK
Hi,
It seems that it will be difficult to record programs from the satellite receiver on a "standard" video.
Isn't better to get one including a hdd ?
What are the most interesting models ?
Jean

jean70

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TO BUY
My Location
UK
Which ones are easily found trough the internet at a reasonable price?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Just as a matter of interest, you say that you have a dish installed for Astra, which Astra, is it the one at 28.2 which holds the BSkyB package and BBC etc, or the one at 19.2 East?

jean70

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TO BUY
My Location
UK
Actually I don't know: we rent the house and the dish has been installed by the landlord, so it will be the surprise
I hope at least it works properly