Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.2 1224 H2H. Traix TD88. Sky+
Echostar 3600.
P4 2k. Broadband 2
My Location
Buckingamshire UK
Hi all.

I currently have a Echostar 3000IPVA connected to a Channel master 1.2M Dish on a 1224 36V mount. Also I have a fixed dish with twin LNB's (Currently unused)

I have found that the Echostar is very slow and painful to use.

I have no idea which reciever to go for.

Ideally I want one with a built in 36V positioner.
Also, I want a receiver with these features.
Sensitive tuner.
Card slots and cam slots.
Digital Audio O/P
S-Video output.
Port for pc editing.
Other features that I can't think of at the mo would be nice :p

I have been looking at the Technomate range, but alas they don't seem to put everything into one box. The 5500 DACPI lacks S-video and Digital Audio O/P :( Shame as it looks like you can use it with a 36v motor and Diseqc LNB's at the same time.

Am I better off waiting for the Deambox 7025 and use it with VBOX?

Any suggestions would be welcome!

Thanks!

satdog

Reaction score
look at satdudez in the technomate section m8 i think the tm1500 looks good,i'm not sure about the 36v but their is a range of patches from darkman for the tm range and these patches make them all singing and danceing
good luck
rob

fyldeman

Reaction score
digiguy said:
Hi all.

I currently have a Echostar 3000IPVA connected to a Channel master 1.2M Dish on a 1224 36V mount. Also I have a fixed dish with twin LNB's (Currently unused)

I have found that the Echostar is very slow and painful to use.

I

I'm a newbie and I have just bought an Echostar 3000IPVA which has not even been delivered yet. I bought it based on the great reviews it has.

Now I'm confused?

What do you mean by slow and painful?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Theres nowt wrong with an Echostar 3000 for channel changing and zapping between satellites with a disecq switch. Nevere used one for motorised, so cant comment on that aspect.

The main disadvantage with them is thatb thy cant be "patched" for direct decryption of scrambled signals. You can do loads of things with cams & cards though.

digiguy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar 3600.
P4 2k. Broadband 2
My Location
Buckingamshire UK
Sorry fyldeman, didn't mean to frighten you there!

Yes oh the whole I have found the receiver to be very good. But now its become very slow, and locks up etc. It won't allow me to add new channels (I am not up to the max)

I have an early AD3000IPVA (CAMS at the side) So I am not sure if the problems are due to the early chip set. When you get your receiver, make sure you use SET EDIT to play around with channel lists.

Hope I've not put you off.

fyldeman

Reaction score
Thanks Gents,

I'm not put off! My new toy came today so I'm having a play right now as the footie is boring. It seems fairly straightforward at the moment. I've got it on 19.2 and pulled down lots of channels.

As an experiment I did a search on 16E with my dish still pointing to 19E (its the old analogue sky dish) and I have a signal strength of 55% and a signal quality of 63%. It has pulled down 11 channels (all scrambled - but it's early days yet for me). Is this normal or am I just being naive?

PS I like the cool graphics!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
fyldeman said:
Thanks Gents,

I'm not put off! My new toy came today so I'm having a play right now as the footie is boring. It seems fairly straightforward at the moment. I've got it on 19.2 and pulled down lots of channels.

As an experiment I did a search on 16E with my dish still pointing to 19E (its the old analogue sky dish) and I have a signal strength of 55% and a signal quality of 63%. It has pulled down 11 channels (all scrambled - but it's early days yet for me). Is this normal or am I just being naive?

PS I like the cool graphics!

If you are getting 16E as well as 19E, the dish must be slightly misaligned. Some of the W2 transponders are fairly high strength, but some of them are feeble. :D

Check the transponder database is upto date especially for the fta channels. (Should be menu 6,6,1) From here you can scroll through the tp's and add anything thats missing. Take a printout of my digital site list, and cross off the tp's you have then add in any missing ones. (www.digitalsat.co.uk)

fyldeman

Reaction score
Analoguesat said:
If you are getting 16E as well as 19E, the dish must be slightly misaligned.)

Good point but my signal level on 19.2 is 68% and my signal quality is 83% which seems pretty reasonable. What do you think?

I'll look into your other points anon.

Thanks

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Well those are the sorts of figures I get on my 19E signals - the signal quality doesnt seem to go above 85% on any satellite (even on the power house 28E signals.)

fyldeman

Reaction score
Analoguesat said:
Well those are the sorts of figures I get on my 19E signals - the signal quality doesnt seem to go above 85% on any satellite (even on the power house 28E signals.)

So mine would be a reasonably well misaligned dish? Remember this is all new to me...

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
digiguy

The points you listed are matched exactly by the Manhattan Plaza St 550.

digiguy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar 3600.
P4 2k. Broadband 2
My Location
Buckingamshire UK

M1JWR

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
Manhattan Plaza st550,
1.2m prodelin offset dish,
12in jack/echostar polar mount,
invacom c120 lnb/channel master feedhorn
My Location
The Debatable Lands
jimbo said:
digiguy

The points you listed are matched exactly by the Manhattan Plaza St 550.

I will agree with that + the st550 has blind scan, bit slow at the start, but now they have improved it a lot with the latest software update,+ auto pid detection which appeared on the 2500 series at one time and is exellent, there is also a rumour of EMU aswell, dont know much more than that at the moment. :)

np58re

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500
hispasat
Thanks for the advice

Satellite-tv-fan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Quad core 4GB Ram Vista 64bit 24" 245B Samsung widescreen TFT. Nvidia Zotac 8800GT AMP! Edition 512MB graphics card + Skystar 2 sat tv card with DVB Viewer Pro 3.9
Intel mac mini dual core
with eyetv 3.0.1 running Cinergy S USB satellite box
1m Fu
My Location
East Sussex
I've just got one of these 550's. Is anyone having problems with the CBS-NY feed on W2 syncing for NTSC colour ? MOst of the time I get B & W but now and then it locks in to colour. Yes the TV is multi-standard

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Where is the feed - I'll go have a look :)

L.