Advice needed: Dual axis positioning system for 12ft mesh dish

Achimito

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
KTI CKD-12
My Location
Germany
Hi guys,

I just became a happy owner of a new KTI CKD-12 mesh dish (12ft diameter).

Since I need to get the dish installed on top of the roof to have a clear view to all satellites of the clark-belt, I am in need of a very stable heavy-duty dual axis rotor system. The rotor itself should be as reliable as to keep the dish positioned accurately and precisely throughout many years without having to do regular maintenance work to it.

Can you guys please recommend such a dual axis rotor?

Please advise.

TIA,
Achim

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
How much was the dish, and how much would you want to spend on an upgrade ?

There is a chance any upgrade to the existing KTI system for dual axis will affect the performance at Ku band, the mesh is already going to have a hard time performing at this frequency.

Have you looked at going for a solid reflector ?

Achimito

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
KTI CKD-12
My Location
Germany
Hi there, the dish was around 1.000,-- Euros here in Germany. I am more into C band reception with this antenna, thus Ku band performance does not really matter to me.

For a bi-axial antenna positioning system I am looking for a similar solution to what Egis has to offer with their Profi-Tracker system (see http://www.egis-rotor.de/Aroto_us.html), but I need a more reliable system which is capable of handling larger dishes than 2.5m solid dish at maximum.

Any ideas are highly appreciated.
Achim.

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
If you contact Doebis in germany they should be able to help you out with a mount for around 300-350 euro.

www.doebis.de

The mount is called KM1012 and the KTI dish will bolt straight on to the mount.

Kind regards

Old satellite

Achimito

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
KTI CKD-12
My Location
Germany
Hi Old satellite,

thanks a mil for this great hint. Do you happen to have any more detailed specs for the KM1012 / HV18K combination? The Jaeger homepage in Taiwan doesn´t reveal much. :(

Doebis doesn´t sell to end customers directly, but I am confident that my regular sat dealer might get into business with them. :)

Thanks again for your help.
Achim.