Advice needed from those who live in Sweden

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No setup.
My Location
Stockholm
Hi,

I need some advice…

I’ve recently moved to a villa in Spånga (Stockholm) that has a barcom dish installed. I believe that the size of the dish is 72cm with a monoblok LNBs.

I’m interested in viewing English channels, such as BBC and ITV, but not Sky channels. And thus assume I would need to update the current configuration to be able to view these channels.

From your experience, I was wondering what you would recommend for dish size, LNBs types, whether I should have a motorised system, and a decent (not top of the range) receiver.

Greatly appreciated

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
If you want the BBC & ITV you are going to have to invest in a bigger dish - they are transmitted on a satellite targetting the uk called Astra 2D. Read this page to give you an idea of the dish size required:

http://www.astra2d.com/sweden.htm

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

steffan_st

A bit enthusiastic
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini OP 125 L, Smart Titanium lnb with CD-80 feedhorn, Moteck SG-2500, Azbox HD Premium+, some 5 meters of good quality coax
My Location
Sweden
Stockholm_Calling said:
Hi,

I need some advice…

I’ve recently moved to a villa in Spånga (Stockholm) that has a barcom dish installed. I believe that the size of the dish is 72cm with a monoblok LNBs.

I’m interested in viewing English channels, such as BBC and ITV, but not Sky channels. And thus assume I would need to update the current configuration to be able to view these channels.

From your experience, I was wondering what you would recommend for dish size, LNBs types, whether I should have a motorised system, and a decent (not top of the range) receiver.

Greatly appreciated

Forget that dish for veiwing English channels,you need at least 100 cm and a receiver with a sensitive tuner.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No setup.
My Location
Stockholm
Understandably, I’ll need to swap-out to a larger dish, but what should I look at? Gibertini, Channel Master…? What’s more important…a reasonable dish and a top quality receiver or a top quality dish, with reasonable receiver? Any suggestion on a receiver?

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
a top quality dish with a good quality lnb on it i would say

as for dishes look at channelmaster if you want the best

puffin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 150 with an Inverto Black Ultra and a Pace 2600C1
My Location
Borlänge 200km WNW of Stockholm
A Channel Master 1,2m for Horizontal trsp and a 1,8m CM would also get the Vertical trsp or if you have a perfect setup you might get away with a 1,5m Gibertini (that works perfect for me 200km WNW of Stockholm).
the best LNB are Invacom's quad but what also might work is the Inverto.

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
puffin said:
A Channel Master 1,2m for Horizontal trsp
You don't need a 1.2m dish here for Horizontal transponders here.

A Gibertini OP100 is working perfectly fine but a good quality 1.2m dish will get you vertical transponders almost 24/7.

I get the vertical transponders with my Fibo about 10hrs/day with no pixelation.