Advice needed on Edision 2120 CX tuned to Hotbird

jonno131

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hotbird
My Location
Crete
Hi everyone

I hope this is the appropriate Forum as I'm totally new to Satellite TV. I live on Crete and have the above installation with which I could get BBC Prime and many other channels English and foreign. When BBC Prime signal frequency changed recently my dealer retuned the box and it worked fine - in fact I acquired a few more channels. This AM I can still get all the foreign channels, but all the others permanently read "updating". Can I sort this out myself or do I need another trip to the installer?

Any advice will be much appreciated

jonno131

BadWithComputer

The Local Drunkard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
30MB ADSL ONO, Spain
32" Internet connected TV
Many Satellite Dishes.
Humax HD Freesat Box
My Location
Spain
Well, firstly are you paying for BBC prime. It has been free for a few weeks, but recently went off. That could be the problem with that. The box difficulties your having are odd. Perhaps you should ask the installer to try another box, as yours may be faulty?

jonno131

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hotbird
My Location
Crete
Sorry not to have replied sooner. No I wasn't paying a subscription and from reading other postings on this site I gather that BBC Prime are changing Freeks every 30 minutres. A friend here on Crete is having the same symptoms so I dont think the box is faulty. Incidentally, we lived in Rochdale before moving here to Crete - from your ID I guees you're not that far from there.