sky digital
1m traix
0.3db intersat
technomate 1500c+
technomate 1.2 disqc motor
My Location
51.3559 lat/ -0.0237 long
hi.... :-newb
been reading some of the post here but i think my question has not been fully answered....thankx for your great advice though. i live in new addington which is at the south of london and i'm thinking of getting a techno 1500c+ with a 90cm motorised dish and wanted to know if that is enough to get african channels especially nss7 and intelsat 10-20 which i think is also around thor 1w.
my second question is is it neccesarry to go for a VBOX 2 with this setup or i have all i need.
third question is which satellite shows much football and not premieship but other legueas.
my fourth question ( sorry just want to put my mind at rest), is BET on satellite? if it is can i get it and also how many american channels can i access....

thankx.....

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
ghanaman welcome to the forum. That's a lot of questions for a first post
I will try my best

ghanaman said:
and wanted to know if that is enough to get african channels especially nss7 and intelsat 10-20 which i think is also around thor 1w.
Well I am no expert on reception but the African chanells you refer to appear to be on on the African Beam so I think you will be out of luck there. Have a look at the appropriate Lyngsat page by clicking here scroll down to the V and H channels and you should be able to receive some European. If you click the links for East African you should see the problem
ghanaman said:
my second question is is it neccesarry to go for a VBOX 2 with this setup or i have all i need. .....
As you do not say what motorised setup you are using who can reply?
ghanaman said:
third question is which satellite shows much football and not premieship but other legueas......
You need to say which leagues you want as there is a lot of crossover.
ghanaman said:
my fourth question ( sorry just want to put my mind at rest), is BET on satellite? if it is can i get it and also how many american channels can i access....
thankx.....
Are you refering to Black Entertainment Channel on direcTV???? Sorry no idea
Most American Channels are encoded in powervue which is not compromised so you are out of luck there what channels did you want to receive?

ghanaman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky digital
1m traix
0.3db intersat
technomate 1500c+
My Location
yeah was refering to the black entertainment channel....as for the sports intrested in all the leagues especially turkish,french,german etc....for the motorised setup...do some work with the vbox and some don't? i will ask the dealer wat type 2morrow then will get back to u...
thankx

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
The TM1500 will work on Diseqc so as long as you have a diseqc motor it will be fine. A Vbox would only be required if you have a 36v motor which you won't need. So TM1500, 90cm dish and diseqc motorised and the world's your oyster. Well some of it is.

ghanaman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky digital
1m traix
0.3db intersat
technomate 1500c+
My Location
jimbo said:
The TM1500 will work on Diseqc so as long as you have a diseqc motor it will be fine. A Vbox would only be required if you have a 36v motor which you won't need. So TM1500, 90cm dish and diseqc motorised and the world's your oyster. Well some of it is.

thankx...i thought having a vbox will make it easier... i say so because i read it has east and west button so all u hvae to do is press and thats it,...i don't know how diseqc works but i'm looking forward to it...will keep u guys posted thankx again