Advice needed

terencejames

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Dish
Fortec Star Passion receiver
My Location
Cheltenham GB
Need some help. Novice at all this and would appreciate advice.

Have an old sky dish and removed the aged Grundig LNB - and replaced with Thomson Univeral single output.

Receiver is a FortecStar passion.

Everything is setup and receiving but here is my problem: prior to removing the old Grundig LNB it showed "No Signal" Now that the LNB has been replaced with the Thomson it shows "No Video and Audio" for most of the BBC Channels (including HD) - signal strenght shows 6/10 and quality 7/10. All the other FTA channels still show "No Signal" including ITV & ITV HD.

I am pointed at Astra 28.2 and Signal 68% and strength 72%. When I do a search it will load down all the German and French Channels with no trouble, but although all my GB & ROI channels are there I can't pick up anything.

Can someone point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance for your advices

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The dish is pointing at 19E which the old sky analogue systemm transmitted off.

Sky digital transmits off the 28E orbital slot so you need to slew the dish right (as you are looking at it) and down a fraction.

Very roughly speaking you are needing to move the lnb 3-4 inches to the right and down half an inch. Mark the existing dish location with pencil on the mounts and the clamps so you can start again if you get horribly lost

If you can connect up an old tv outside temporarily its much easier to align. Move it a bit at a time and give the receiver a few seconds to catch up after each move.

If not then turn the tv right up and open the doors and windows so you can hear it as you do the adjustments..

terencejames

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Dish
Fortec Star Passion receiver
My Location
Cheltenham GB
Got up the ladder and fiddled around as advised and then I had all the Channels. That's great and I am most obliged for that information.

Checked through all the Channels and virtually everything there, including good HD receiption, so that's all OK.

Then...... In the LCD display box on the Passion Star receiver it decided to "Power Off". Rebooted and checked all connections, turned on again and exactly same result "Power Off"

Is this likely to be a fault with the Receiver or have I not done something else that I should have done.?

Now back in but only with the blue bar along the bottom (no pic or vid etc.,)

Remote can't change any channel, everything seems "locked up" Can't access the menu to check anything.

Thanks in advance.

Terry Sheppard

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Great stuff - well done.

Its *probably* a faulty receiver, but pull the plug out of the wall, and double check the cable connections at the lnb & back of the receiver. Make sure theres no stray whisps of copper from the outer braid / shielding touching the centre conductor.