Advice of Funcard 5 Please

New2It

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020, HH120 Discq notor with Triax 1.1m
I have a Funcard 5 and a programmer but do not know what to do.

What type of files should I be looking for?

Does the card (when programmed) go into a card slot by itself or have to go into a cam (currently matrix reloaded)?

How do I tell if it's working if it is in the cam as the cam decodes as well.

Please help as I am drowning ....

RyokoFanUK

Reaction score
I believe if you have the latest version of matrix reloaded you dont need any funcard at all.

As for programming the funcard I suggest you look for the 6x1 files, the will containg the loader + hex files you need to program your funcard - these 6x1 files can be found in my sites, however, like I said, if you the latest version of MR I dont think you require this.

Also, if you do not have the latest version of matrix reloaded (MR) then you could even use your funcard to upgrade the CAM to the latest version... but thats another story all together.

New2It

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020, HH120 Discq notor with Triax 1.1m
Dear RyokoFanUk

Thanks for the reply.

Do you have time to tell the other story on how to upgrade the CAM or know of any links that I can follow

Many thanks in advance.

Digital2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500s,Dreambox 800HD PVR,Max 1000,Vivax 505, Starsat 200CI. Desktop with WinXP, Laptop with Vista & Netbook with Win7. External HD/Media Recorder.Hotbird,Nilesat,Asiasat3S & Intelsat.
My Location
Middle East (Currently!)
I want to 'assemble/ make' a card programmer (whatever its called!) I got my hands on a slot from an unserviceable receiver and need the CIRCUIT DIAGRAM for it. I intend to re-programme FUN CARDS with it.
Any links here on this site please?
Thanx

RyokoFanUK

Reaction score
www.funcard.net

That have their own diagram + software to build your own simple programmer - in the early days I built it and worked well :D However its very simple, the programmer will only program funcards 1-6 and nothing else.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
My local computer shop has started selling Fun Card generation 5 (£5).

I take it these are used for Cable?

Can they be used for anything else?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Good for CAM loading as well, but otherwise no.